There are 204 users in the forums

This has to be one of the best defenses we have ever had.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
what if... we had 52, 53, and 54 on the field at the same time? didn't larry play OLB in college?
Originally posted by pakalolo415:
what if... we had 52, 53, and 54 on the field at the same time? didn't larry play OLB in college?

not sure, i know Bowman played OLB in college tho.
This D is pretty special. We'll see how special as the next few weeks play out.
Originally posted by dobo:
I blame Alex

• Paul
  • Veteran
best defense I've seen the 49ers have since I can remember.... all the pieces started coming together the past bunch of years, but really the coaching we have had this season has just done so much for this team. I can't wait til Willis comes back, but man even Grant could start for teams
The greatness of a defense is determined in the postseason. That being said these guys look pretty special.
I agree that this defense is special. Even if Big Ben were healthy, there was no way they were gonna score on this D. Not tonight.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
The one we had in 1997 didn't give up a 100 yd rusher until the NFC Championship Game. That was one of Policy's mercenary defenses though.
[ Edited by kray28 on Dec 19, 2011 at 10:51 PM ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

IPA, IPA, Whiskey, IPA, Stout, double IPA, scotch, single malt

defense is amazing. turnover machine
First game of the year where the defense nor the offense had me worried.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
2011 > 1984.

Not even s**tting.
no freaking way.
This rushing defense is one of the best ever, absolutely.
The pass D is around middle of the pack though. That could be that the other team cant run so they go to the air more though. I like Brown, but we obviously need an upgrade at the #2 CB spot. Goldson has come on huge lately and at this point Id be fine with the team giving him a nice starting FS contract. Hes earned it.
I'd say we're a very good defense that can be great. Obviously great against the run, but right now better than average against the pass. A little bit too many yards for my liking.
We didn't have a pass rusher that put 3 seconds on the QB to throw, but Aldon looks like he'll fill that role for the playoffs.
And this defense is playing this way without a training camp under its belt.
Share 49ersWebzone