There are 202 users in the forums

This has to be one of the best defenses we have ever had.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I've been watching since the late 80's and I can't remember us having a defense this dominate.

How many sacks has Aldon Smith had erased due to penalties? I can think of about 4 just off the top of my head.
Umm some of the early 80' s/late 80' s defenses and the 97 defense might rival this current defense.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Umm some of the early 80' s/late 80' s defenses and the 97 defense might rival this current defense.

This D is doing they thing here.
I guess the offenses from those eras would overshadow any good defense we had then. This defense is just so dominate week in and week out. Its hard to think of any defense in years past being this good.
Originally posted by dobo:
I blame Alex

It would tend to be his fault!
When your doing stuff that hasnt been done since the Decatur Staleys, you know your doing it right
THIS IS A f**kING AWESOME DEFENSE THAT WILL DESTROY NEW ORLEANS!!!!!!!!!!!
2011 > 1984.

Not even s**tting.
Love this defense!
Originally posted by dobo:
I blame Alex

Yeah!

I'm usually not into "this is the BEST blah blah blah ever" talk because it's usually not true, and only based on people not remembering how good teams/players/achievements were in the past.

But the numbers don't lie.

When you're the first team in 90 years to not allow a rushing TD through 14 games, YOUR DEFENSE IS ONE OF THE BEST EVER.

No other team has allowed fewer than 6 this year. That's freaking awesome.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I'm usually not into "this is the BEST blah blah blah ever" talk because it's usually not true, and only based on people not remembering how good teams/players/achievements were in the past.

But the numbers don't lie.

When you're the first team in 90 years to not allow a rushing TD through 14 games, YOUR DEFENSE IS ONE OF THE BEST EVER.

No other team has allowed fewer than 6 this year. That's freaking awesome.

Honestly, I'm the same way. I don't like "best ever" sayings but as I was watching this game and all year long really, I'm thinking about years past and how dominate this defense is against defenses of years past. I just can't remember seeing a 9er defense this awesome in my close to 20 years of watching 49er football.
This defense is special. This was my favorite game of the year.
very good defense. i think we could upgrade at CB or FS, but yeah, best front 7. we've good pretty good depth too!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
This is one of the best defenses in NFL history.
Share 49ersWebzone