LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

This has to be one of the best defenses we have ever had.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Have you not seen Aldon play? He has 13 sacks and is very limited. He only plays on 'passing' downs. I dare to say Aldon is better than Dean ever was. But this is only Aldon's rookie season...

Fred Dean is a HOFer. Give it a decade and then compare
While a little off-topic, I think we'll finish this season like the '93 team - falling just a little short of the Super Bowl, realizing that we're just a few pieces away from a true championship caliber team. The reason I say this is because I think, in the end, our defense will end up getting exposed by an uber passing team (New Orleans or Green Bay) and realize that we need at least one lockdown corner. In '94, we went out and got Deon. Next year, if we go out and get "X" lockdown CB plus Carlos Rogers, Shawntae Spencer, T. Brown, and company, our defense would be truly sick. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but we haven't played a multiple-threat receiving offense yet this year. We double-covered Megatron, stuffed the Detroit run and dared the rest of the offense to beat us. The same with A.J. Green and the Cincy offense. Anyway, here's to hopin' Justin, Aldon and company can keep up the pass rush to cover up any deficiencies in our secondary come playoff time.
This is the best defense we have had as far as points allowed, and that is the most important stat...right? I am an old schooler that has been watching the Niners since 80, and while that 84 defense and the 94 defense were both very good, this defense is right up there. Don't get so hung up on nostalgia that you ignore how much easier offenses have it than in the years past when dbs actually got to play defense down the field.
Aldon Smith is emerging more towards the end of the season. He can actually make this defense even better than what we are seeing now. I'm calling it now. The best front 7 in Niner history.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Aldon Smith is emerging more towards the end of the season. He can actually make this defense even better than what we are seeing now. I'm calling it now. The best front 7 in Niner history.

I really think it is.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Umm some of the early 80' s/late 80' s defenses and the 97 defense might rival this current defense.

This D is doing they thing here.

This. They are special this year!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Championship.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
fkn aldon is a monster!!!!! There is no way he doesn't get DROY this year. He's played less than half the amount of plays that Von Miller has, yet has more sacks. If he doesn't win DROY, it's a f**king conspiracy.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
fkn aldon is a monster!!!!! There is no way he doesn't get DROY this year. He's played less than half the amount of plays that Von Miller has, yet has more sacks. If he doesn't win DROY, it's a f**king conspiracy.

Media bias....
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Aldon is starting to get more snaps on 1st and 2nd down, too. There we're a couple of times he went into pass coverage.

We're only allowing an average of 13.2 points against us this season! Best in the NFL!!!!!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Grant is doing a great job filling in, but we still miss Willis out there. so many runs last night where I know Willis would've filled the hole and stopped it cold.
This defense is the best I've ever seen us have. What I think makes this defense so great is the other great defense we had in theh past had a good offense to take pressure of them. This defense we have today doesn't have that luxury. They are literally winning us games.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Usually rookies tend to fall off toward the end of their first season cuz they're not used to the NFL schedule yet so its great to see Aldon Smith picking his game up as the season goes on.
Originally posted by dobo:
I blame Alex

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Share 49ersWebzone