LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Was the 4th down pass to Kendall Hunter catchable?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Was the 4th down pass to Kendall Hunter catchable?

Originally posted by Pillbusta:
i give zona defense credit but we need to step it up block better and wry gotta make plays and more kyle williams and better overall execution

i hope their cheap ass ownership lets calais campbell walk, or we pay him a nice sum or at least drive the price up for him
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Envy:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
s**tty throw, but catchable

Totally agree but I'm not going to put too much on the rookie. Guy has been a monster find.

Hunter, a monster find? I would put Legarret Blount in that category, not Hunter. I find Hunter to be a quick slasher, but unable to break the first tackle in most cases. Hunter is solid but unspectacular.
Lol at saying that would have been a spectacular catch. No that would have been just a catch.

Ginn not looking for the ball, Walker not securing the catch before running and Hunter not catching the ball hurt us. Those plays lost us the game.

Crabtree and willams should have every ball thrown to them those f**ksticks Ginn and walker should grab some pine..
Originally posted by SanFranAddic:
Nobody has even mentioned the missed field goal after the trick play. That could have won the game for us too.

I couldn't disagree more. one missed field is absolutely excusable seeing that we had TONS of opportunities to hit the endzone.
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
I couldn't disagree more. one missed field is absolutely excusable seeing that we had TONS of opportunities to hit the endzone.

This, but what Boone was saying about that previous occurrence having "killed" the team, says even more about the team: they still play too much through emotion, instead of trusting in the preparation put in throughout the week. Yes, there have been moments when they stuck with the master plan, and there were times where they put their emotions on their sleeves a little too much. I remember reading something by Walsh about living and dying by emotional play. I think today was an example of such. I could see it on the TV where Harbaugh and Smith had a brief exchange after going kaput in the Red Zone.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Lol at saying that would have been a spectacular catch. No that would have been just a catch.

Ginn not looking for the ball, Walker not securing the catch before running and Hunter not catching the ball hurt us. Those plays lost us the game.

Crabtree and willams should have every ball thrown to them those f**ksticks Ginn and walker should grab some pine..

I think it's unfair to place blame on them like that. There were many times those same guys came through to win us games. Heck, Ginn gave us our very first win.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Hunter, a monster find? I would put Legarret Blount in that category, not Hunter. I find Hunter to be a quick slasher, but unable to break the first tackle in most cases. Hunter is solid but unspectacular.

Wow, this is a first I've heard something negative about Hunter. I guess people forget that there was a time when Gore did actually struggle this season and Hunter came thru for the team. I admit he isn't as solid as before but he's rarely had a bad game this season.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Very tough catch but catchable

Alex should have never retreated like that he made that play 100x harder

where was he supposed to go? into the defenders arms?
Originally posted by lssanjose:
Originally posted by YoungWifey:

This, but what Boone was saying about that previous occurrence having "killed" the team, says even more about the team: they still play too much through emotion, instead of trusting in the preparation put in throughout the week. Yes, there have been moments when they stuck with the master plan, and there were times where they put their emotions on their sleeves a little too much. I remember reading something by Walsh about living and dying by emotional play. I think today was an example of such. I could see it on the TV where Harbaugh and Smith had a brief exchange after going kaput in the Red Zone.

How could that kill the momentum? we still got up at that point to 19-7, we took back the freakin momentum!
Originally posted by SocalAgent0:
How could that kill the momentum? we still got up at that point to 19-7, we took back the freakin momentum!

I don't know how, but that's how boone saw it. I don't know if he spoke for the offense, or not, but that was his take from his post game interview. I know people will say Larry Grant filled in nicely, but there were key moments he seemed too hesitant (as were some on the defense, even Rodgers), and whiffed on one of the catch and run scores; I believe he had at least the first crack at Fitz(?), and then the snowball started rolling.

It was catchable. Smith even pointed to where the ball would be going. Make a play.
Would be a tough catchable pass for a WR, but not for a rookie RB.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Smith had a pocket there on that play but chose to bail.
Originally posted by pigskin:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Smith had a pocket there on that play but chose to bail.

This is one thing that is completely missed in all this. Alex Smith saw ghosts again, bailed from the pocket and ran right towards the rusher. There was absolutely no reason for him to run to his right. None.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
This is one thing that is completely missed in all this. Alex Smith saw ghosts again, bailed from the pocket and ran right towards the rusher. There was absolutely no reason for him to run to his right. None.

I'll have to defer to Singletary, and watch the film.. :p ;)
Originally posted by lssanjose:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

I'll have to defer to Singletary, and watch the film.. :p ;)

Just to be clear, you are saying that you need to watch the film, not telling me to correct?
Share 49ersWebzone