There are 234 users in the forums

Was the 4th down pass to Kendall Hunter catchable?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Was the 4th down pass to Kendall Hunter catchable?

Originally posted by cypherninja:
Would need to check the replay, but I think Ginn was standing around because he stepped out of bounds already.

and why the hell is he stepping out of bounds? this receiving core is pretty freaking bad. i can handle drops like walker's where he is toeing the line and looking for YAC in a situation where you have to(but then why is he running the route 2 yards short of the 1st down and running the route out of bounds?)
totally catchable, our drops will be our undoing, been saying it all along....
I put that on Kendall's parents. Too short people should not have children.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

lol and its two not too
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
s**tty throw, but catchable

to be fair, I thought it was a good, catchable throw under the circumstances and Alex did about as much as you can ask of somebody dealing with that kind of jailbreak. I also think Tebow would have run it for 15 yards in the same circumstance, but he's an anomoly.
alex did a great job of keeping that play alive, but it wasn't a good throw. it was rushed. was it catchable? maybe, but it would have been a pretty difficult catch.

when it comes down to it no one on offense was good enough yesterday.

s**tty throw...right...Alex only scrambled for his life for like 12 seconds with 2 Cardinals chasing him somehow getting away to find an open receiver and hitting him in the hands...but your right...s**tty throw.

God the mindlessness of this place sometimes.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

s**tty throw...right...Alex only scrambled for his life for like 12 seconds with 2 Cardinals chasing him somehow getting away to find an open receiver and hitting him in the hands...but your right...s**tty throw.

God the mindlessness of this place sometimes.

doing a good job of scrambling doesn't make it a good throw.

it hit Hunter's hands only because he dove in a desperate attempt to reach the ball. If the throw had a little more air under it maybe Hunter has a better chance.

It was a desperation play by everyone, so i think its pointless to try to "blame" anyone for it not working. the fact is that it never should have never come down to that.
Reminded me of Fran Tarkenton out there! Quite a good escape. Not going to blame Smith or Hunter for this one as the game should have been put away in the first half. Irritating as the loss was it was a team loss, including the coaches on down. But a let down after the most intense year most of these guys have ever had is not the end of the world.
s**tty play call on 4th and 1.....

Seemed like a slow developing play....stupid.

Originally posted by NinerDieHard:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

lol and its two not too

No, they were too short!
Share 49ersWebzone