LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Was the 4th down pass to Kendall Hunter catchable?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Was the 4th down pass to Kendall Hunter catchable?

Originally posted by modninerfan:
Why was ginn and the other dude (braylon?) just standing there while Hunter seemed to be the only guy trying to get open.

and yeah he should have caught it.

My buddy pointed that out to me. Unacceptable.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Lol at saying that would have been a spectacular catch. No that would have been just a catch.

Ginn not looking for the ball, Walker not securing the catch before running and Hunter not catching the ball hurt us. Those plays lost us the game.

Crabtree and willams should have every ball thrown to them those f**ksticks Ginn and walker should grab some pine..

Yeah. I think close to 88% would agree.
It would have been a great catch but more importantly he was grabbed twice running across the field. If the defender doesn't grab him, Hunter would have been wide open. These things happen. I counting down until the playoffs start.
ask him and i guarantee you he would say he should have caught it :P
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
Catchable for sure.

These extended plays... Needing to calm timeout, IS killing our 2 minute offense. We barely get to end of games with more then 1 timeout on hand. We had NONE for the last 3 minutes.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Lol at saying that would have been a spectacular catch. No that would have been just a catch.

Ginn not looking for the ball, Walker not securing the catch before running and Hunter not catching the ball hurt us. Those plays lost us the game.

Crabtree and willams should have every ball thrown to them those f**ksticks Ginn and walker should grab some pine..

Yeah. I think close to 88% would agree.

don't forget about the false start penalty from VD...that took away any momentum we had brewing there.
it touched both of his hands

so ya
Originally posted by YoungWifey:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Hunter, a monster find? I would put Legarret Blount in that category, not Hunter. I find Hunter to be a quick slasher, but unable to break the first tackle in most cases. Hunter is solid but unspectacular.

Wow, this is a first I've heard something negative about Hunter. I guess people forget that there was a time when Gore did actually struggle this season and Hunter came thru for the team. I admit he isn't as solid as before but he's rarely had a bad game this season.

Typical Niner Talk. Don't be surprised. One week we are super bowl bound and certain players need 5 year extensions...the next we are a one and done mirage and we need to blow the team up. Lol.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Typical Niner Talk. Don't be surprised. One week we are super bowl bound and certain players need 5 year extensions...the next we are a one and done mirage and we need to blow the team up. Lol.

^^^^this
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by pigskin:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Smith had a pocket there on that play but chose to bail.

This is one thing that is completely missed in all this. Alex Smith saw ghosts again, bailed from the pocket and ran right towards the rusher. There was absolutely no reason for him to run to his right. None.

After 5 sacks I'm sure he lacked confidence in the O-line; he's trying to make a play and not take a sack on 4th down.

Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by pigskin:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Smith had a pocket there on that play but chose to bail.

This is one thing that is completely missed in all this. Alex Smith saw ghosts again, bailed from the pocket and ran right towards the rusher. There was absolutely no reason for him to run to his right. None.

After 5 sacks I'm sure he lacked confidence in the O-line; he's trying to make a play and not take a sack on 4th down.

it was a DESIGNED sprint out
Yeah, it was catchable...especially after Alex waved to him to let him know it was coming his way. The entire offense was just a click off yesterday...so many chances to put the game out of reach and they just couldn't do it. Harbaugh wasn't happy, nor should he be. I'll bet this is an intense week of practice to get ready for the Steelers. The O really needs to step it up...then again, they had a 19-7 lead and the D couldn't hold it, either. Overall, a very frustrating performance.
Would need to check the replay, but I think Ginn was standing around because he stepped out of bounds already.
Its crazy that not one of our wr's was at least a step away from a defender.

After all of that time, I'd expect at least one of our guys to be wide open. That is way too much time for a db to cover a decent wr but then again we are lacking in that department.

If Williams isn't our #2 for the rest of the year, I'd be pretty upset with our staff. Pretty clear to see he gets open and gets YAC and CATCHES THE BALL!
If you can't make a 4th and 1 when the game is on the line you don't deserve to win! The receivers gave up, the o-line was terrible and the play calling was subpar. You can blame Smith all you want but how many balls do the Packers drop, how many times does Roger's protection collapse?
Share 49ersWebzone