There are 284 users in the forums

Patrick Willis Injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I don't see Patrick Willis playing in the regular season

I don't know what his actual condition is, but, you do not take chances with the future health of the best player on your team. I hope the doctors do not let him on the field again until he is fully healed. Hamstring injuries can have long-term effects if not treated properly.
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by susweel:
This injury better not cost him the DPOY award.

He better get this. NO player deserves this more for all the hard work they've put in the past few years. From day 1 as a rookie this guy has been a f**king baller.

Doesnt matter how hard you train, you need to have pretty stats and Willis doesnt have the numbers DPOYs put up. Jared Allen will win it

This.
Hes had better years.

Yeah, doesn't mean I would take those other players over him. He's as consistent as it gets. We need him back dammit!
[ Edited by YungAce on Dec 16, 2011 at 11:57 AM ]
Don't let him back on the field until he is completely healthy. We need him ready for the playoffs for sure!
is willis out for sure?
is willis out for sure?

dead
Originally posted by RonMexico:
is willis out for sure?

dead

I'm hoping he doesn't play until week 17 and the 9ers still win out the season. We need him 100% in the playoffs and I'd like to see him get a tune up at St Louis
Originally posted by matt49er:
I'm hoping he doesn't play until week 17 and the 9ers still win out the season. We need him 100% in the playoffs and I'd like to see him get a tune up at St Louis

i agreed it..
Is he gonna play this Monday? I wanna see Pat vs Big Ben on Primetime!
This is one of those rare occasions where I would prefer Willis not to play just to cancel out the James Harrison excuse. An injured Ben Roethlisberger is still better than a healthy Alex Smith.

Willis is going to have to earn his starting job back.

Any word on PW?
Dj noted it above and i posted on it earlier. Most common cause of a bad hamstring injury is...a previous hamstring injury. In other words, you sit p-52 down until that sucker is completely healed, and if it still doesn't heal, then don't play him. He will know if he can play or not. Twinges or worse, mean don't play. If no sx at all, then okay.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
NFL Network says the doctors believe it is "a three week injury" and that the Niners are likely not to play him for the rest of the regular season.

With a bye, that gives him 5 weeks to heal up. He'd be 100%.
Originally posted by okdkid:
NFL Network says the doctors believe it is "a three week injury" and that the Niners are likely not to play him for the rest of the regular season.

With a bye, that gives him 5 weeks to heal up. He'd be 100%.

yeah ill take that..we can beat Seattle without Willis
Share 49ersWebzone