LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Patrick Willis Injury

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
dudes, he'll be back for the steelers game. c'mon now. we're talking about patrick willis! Not fkn braylon edwards.

I'm surprised he even has muscles, I thought he was an android sent to us from outer space!
Lol
I say 3 weeks. At first I was worried, but he's walking without a limp and is a well-conditioned dude.

Get him a few reps in that finale vs. St. Louis and rest him up for the playoffs.
Def. hold Willis out now! Big Ben is gonna be out looks like. No need to further the injury.
Originally posted by fortyniner52:
Def. hold Willis out now! Big Ben is gonna be out looks like. No need to further the injury.

screw the Steelers game, we have 3 road games left against our division, and 2 of those teams are winning games all of a sudden
So it's that spot just behind the knee or slightly above it. When I pulled my hammy a few months ago, it was the high portion and then just a month ago, I strained the spot behind my knee. The spot behind the knee feels like a groin injury. There's pain on starting and stopping but it's fine while your in your run.

However, his is stated as a 2nd degree which appears worse.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This injury better not cost him the DPOY award.
Originally posted by susweel:
This injury better not cost him the DPOY award.

He better get this. NO player deserves this more for all the hard work they've put in the past few years. From day 1 as a rookie this guy has been a f**king baller.
I say hold up on willis until the Seahawks game or the playoffs, its either re-injured himself or have him in the playoffs. You guys gotta remember Willis covers TE, with that injury he'll be picked on by the QB's, I'm not saying he cant cover, he's great in coverage, but bringing him back ASAP might cause him not playing in the playoffs, L. Grant is doing well so i think its better off playing him when he's 100% and be ready for the playoffs. IMO
Originally posted by Joecool:
So it's that spot just behind the knee or slightly above it. When I pulled my hammy a few months ago, it was the high portion and then just a month ago, I strained the spot behind my knee. The spot behind the knee feels like a groin injury. There's pain on starting and stopping but it's fine while your in your run.

However, his is stated as a 2nd degree which appears worse.

But he's also an athlete in elite physical shape. They generally heal faster than us regular people.

Has anyone heard anything about Pat? In regards to MNF?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
My sources tell me that Pat probably wont play this week.
Originally posted by susweel:
My sources tell me that Pat probably wont play this week.

Please say it isn't so... is the hammy tear worse?? Or is this just playing it safe.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
my source says he'll play.
We should sit him until he's 100%. I don't care how many regular season games he misses. Having him in the game takes a touchdown of the board (similar to the Polamalu effect). Have to have Willis at 100% to win a playoff game. The worst thing would be to rush him back and have him reinjure the ham and not be available for the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone