There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Patrick Willis Injury

• gage
  • Veteran
My source says he may play with an equal probability of not playing.
My sources say...
My sources say it's about 50% he'll play and 75% he won't.
Let him rest. We need him for the playoffs. The Steelers are minus Harrison right. And RAPEberger is in a boot. So it kind of evens out.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Let him rest. We need him for the playoffs. The Steelers are minus Harrison right. And RAPEberger is in a boot. So it kind of evens out.

^^^^
Originally posted by gage:
My source says he may play with an equal probability of not playing.

lmao
What's a hamstring injury? It is a "pull" to most folks. But under the microscope, it is a series of tiny little tears in the actual individual muscle cells. This repairs itself with time, but activate it too early and you just...reinjure...or re-tear the skeletal muscle cells. Breaks my heart to say this with Pitts coming up, but p-52 has no business playing. This guy is rock hard, indestructible, but a hamstring injury, or muscle tear, if you will, needs time to heal. For the record, we would have won the AZ game with him. Our guys made the tackles, but difference was, p-52 makes the tackle on first contact. In AZ game, first tackler frequently bounced off, more yards were gained, and then the tackle was made. We are a very different team without Patrick. But sit him down, keep him there, and maybe, just maybe, he will be right for the playoffs. Just an opinion, but I hope that's what we do.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
What's a hamstring injury? It is a "pull" to most folks. But under the microscope, it is a series of tiny little tears in the actual individual muscle cells. This repairs itself with time, but activate it too early and you just...reinjure...or re-tear the skeletal muscle cells. Breaks my heart to say this with Pitts coming up, but p-52 has no business playing. This guy is rock hard, indestructible, but a hamstring injury, or muscle tear, if you will, needs time to heal. For the record, we would have won the AZ game with him. Our guys made the tackles, but difference was, p-52 makes the tackle on first contact. In AZ game, first tackler frequently bounced off, more yards were gained, and then the tackle was made. We are a very different team without Patrick. But sit him down, keep him there, and maybe, just maybe, he will be right for the playoffs. Just an opinion, but I hope that's what we do.

I say sit P-Willis as long as we need to. If that means Jan. 14/15th, so be it.

We need our offense to play better more than we need P-Willy, as much as I love the guy. We could have won without him.

In the playoffs all bets are off. See Terrell Owens, Superbowl XXXIX. That may be the best injury performance in the modern era.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

Gotta agree. Hamstrings are way too delicate. The tackling vs AZ was horrible. I told a few guys that with PW our tackling is much better. Has been all year. Grant is a competent backup but you just don't replace #52 w/o losing a lot on defense.

That's our leader. Hurry and get well soon Pat
So is PWilly going to play this Monday? He's our best player and he's injured and all anyone can talk about is Alex Smith...
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
So is PWilly going to play this Monday? He's our best player and he's injured and all anyone can talk about is Alex Smith...

Cuz PWilly excels at his position so there is no need to discuss him. Alex Smith on the other hand.............
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by susweel:
This injury better not cost him the DPOY award.

He better get this. NO player deserves this more for all the hard work they've put in the past few years. From day 1 as a rookie this guy has been a f**king baller.

Doesnt matter how hard you train, you need to have pretty stats and Willis doesnt have the numbers DPOYs put up. Jared Allen will win it
I don't see Patrick Willis playing in the regular season
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by susweel:
This injury better not cost him the DPOY award.

He better get this. NO player deserves this more for all the hard work they've put in the past few years. From day 1 as a rookie this guy has been a f**king baller.

Doesnt matter how hard you train, you need to have pretty stats and Willis doesnt have the numbers DPOYs put up. Jared Allen will win it

This.
Hes had better years.
Good call...let PW get well