LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

The Bandwagon Grows....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mutt_pinoy:
I have 49ers jerseys older than most of these fans. I really hate when people come up to me public talking about they've been fans for years. Where the f**k were they when Rattay was qb?

I was still a kid growing up through all of this. I remember how excited I was when we signed receivers (who eventually become our #1s) like Curtis Conway, Johnnie Morton, Antonio Bryant... I even used to argue with Raider fans back in the days that Brandon Lloyd had better hands than Randy Moss (when he was in Oakland) LMAO

Some proof that I've been a fan all along are a few of the jerseys in my closet: Kevan Barlow and Darrell Jackson.... wtf!
Originally posted by YungAce:
I have 49ers jerseys older than most of these fans. I really hate when people come up to me public talking about they've been fans for years. Where the f**k were they when Rattay was qb?

I was still a kid growing up through all of this. I remember how excited I was when we signed receivers (who eventually become our #1s) like Curtis Conway, Johnnie Morton, Antonio Bryant... I even used to argue with Raider fans back in the days that Brandon Lloyd had better hands than Randy Moss (when he was in Oakland) LMAO

Some proof that I've been a fan all along are a few of the jerseys in my closet: Kevan Barlow and Darrell Jackson.... wtf!

I had a JJ Stokes jersey and remember him being called the replacement for Rice.....

I do have to say this site has made me pay close attention to players, more then I ever had before.
Originally posted by jreff22:

I had a JJ Stokes jersey and remember him being called the replacement for Rice.....

I do have to say this site has made me pay close attention to players, more then I ever had before.

I burned my JJ Stokes rookie card lol

Madden helped me grasp the difference between good and average players in the NFL years ago. It really does help

Basic training lol. 2004 was a s**tty year in many, many ways
I f**king hate going on facebook and seeing all these fake fans bragging about the Niners.

The same f**kers who gave me hell when I would talk about the Niners after a loss, saying that they sucked.

I became a fan in 2004, when the team was 2-14...a time when no one would even want to talk about the team. Haven't missed a game since. I know its great to have more fans and more supporters for the team, but its sickening to see them all try to come off as 'true' Niner fans.

True Niner fans know about Chris Weinke starting week 17 vs the Browns in 2007 and the Mike Rumph trade for Taylor Jacobs.
^^ don't forget about the worst trade in NFL history

Sammy Davis for Rashaun Woods
Originally posted by niner4life21:
I f**king hate going on facebook and seeing all these fake fans bragging about the Niners.

The same f**kers who gave me hell when I would talk about the Niners after a loss, saying that they sucked.

I became a fan in 2004, when the team was 2-14...a time when no one would even want to talk about the team. Haven't missed a game since. I know its great to have more fans and more supporters for the team, but its sickening to see them all try to come off as 'true' Niner fans.

True Niner fans know about Chris Weinke starting week 17 vs the Browns in 2007 and the Mike Rumph trade for Taylor Jacobs.

we had 4 or 5 starting qbs that year?

lol

I think it was 4...Smith, Dilfer, Hill and Weinke for 1 game.

Smith, Dilfer, Hill and Winky....followed by Hill and O'Sullivan the next year.

Both sides ended up looking bad on that one. Rashaun Woods. Sammy Davis. I am so glad that our long nightmere appears to finally be at an end.

Real Fans remember Cody Pickett being our QB and special teams player lol.
Jim Drunkenmiller awful
Originally posted by thedude:

Smith, Dilfer, Hill and Winky....followed by Hill and O'Sullivan the next year.

that was a depressing time. I gotta wonder how I got thru it without going postal, especially since I was dropping $2500/year down those a-holes.
Its easy to spot a bandwagon fan.

Ask them to name 5 players on the team.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Its easy to spot a bandwagon fan.

Ask them to name 5 players on the team.

uhhh

Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, John Harbaugh, and Alex Smith.
Share 49ersWebzone