LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

The Bandwagon Grows....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Real Fans remember Cody Pickett being our QB and special teams player lol.

I was at the last Giants game in 2005. It was windy, Cody was starting. He completed 2 passes in the first half. Lloyd made a sick one handed grab that was nullified by a hold on good old number 77 - s**t I have forgotten his name..
Originally posted by SportsFan:

I was at the last Giants game in 2005. It was windy, Cody was starting. He completed 2 passes in the first half. Lloyd made a sick one handed grab that was nullified by a hold on good old number 77 - s**t I have forgotten his name..

Kwame Harris

Kwame Harris

Never speak his name!

Every time you mention his name a QB will be sacked somewhere.

Nate Davis and Drew Olson could only dream about being half the legend that Pickett was.

wasn't he a rodeo clown or something? lol
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Kwame Harris

Never speak his name!

Every time you mention his name a QB will be sacked somewhere.

Lol, that and a ref is throwing a flag somewhere.
This thread is very entertaining. I'd almost forgotten how incredibly awful the past 10 years have been, lol. Some of the players you all mentioned, God Almighty we had some bad ones, ha ha.

1976, Santa Maria, California. I was in kindergarten. My mother was a fruit picker, gathering strawberries on the outskirts of Santa Maria. In the summers I would go help her. One day another fruit picker asked me, "So Carlos, who's your football team?", I answered, "The 49ers." He said, "Shhhh, don't say that too loud around here or you're going to get hurt." It was all L.A. Rams territory around there, LOL!

When I moved to Tucson, I got to see The Catch in a house full of Cowboys fans, HA HA! It was during a big company picnic of my moms employer. Tucson AZ was all about them CattleChicks back then. Even now to a great degree despite having the AZ Cardinals.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
This thread is very entertaining. I'd almost forgotten how incredibly awful the past 10 years have been, lol. Some of the players you all mentioned, God Almighty we had some bad ones, ha ha.

1976, Santa Maria, California. I was in kindergarten. My mother was a fruit picker, gathering strawberries on the outskirts of Santa Maria. In the summers I would go help her. One day another fruit picker asked me, "So Carlos, who's your football team?", I answered, "The 49ers." He said, "Shhhh, don't say that too loud around here or you're going to get hurt." It was all L.A. Rams territory around there, LOL!

When I moved to Tucson, I got to see The Catch in a house full of Cowboys fans, HA HA! It was during a big company picnic of my moms employer. Tucson AZ was all about them CattleChicks back then. Even now to a great degree despite having the AZ Cardinals.

Cools story, dog.
Back in the day, the raiders had the snobby fans and the niners were the rowdy, savage fans (throwing beer bottles at our own players, etc@kezar)....

Our first superbowl was enjoyed by the real blue collared die hards...after all the success, the stick turned into at&t park this year after the giants world series

win. Bandwagoners EVERYWHERE! Ticket prices went up and the "whine n cheesers" dominated....

My point is get used to it! We all know who bled the red and scarlet during these down times...TAKE PRIDE IN THAT!

LOVE TRUCK XOXOXO
Originally posted by TRUCKRATHMAN:
Back in the day, the raiders had the snobby fans and the niners were the rowdy, savage fans (throwing beer bottles at our own players, etc@kezar)....

Our first superbowl was enjoyed by the real blue collared die hards...after all the success, the stick turned into at&t park this year after the giants world series

win. Bandwagoners EVERYWHERE! Ticket prices went up and the "whine n cheesers" dominated....

My point is get used to it! We all know who bled the red and scarlet during these down times...TAKE PRIDE IN THAT!

LOVE TRUCK XOXOXO

Wow nice to have an old (said with respect) Niner fan on the board. My dad use to tell me about games at Kezar especially when the Bears and Halas were in town. Had a riot ended up over turning the police wagon.

Most of my memories are of Candlestick. Like you remember a half empty Candlestick in early '81. Probably more Cowboy fans at the first game than Niner fans. Just like this year could see it coming we start winning old Candlestick starts to fill up started setting attendance records for the playoffs. Being a 49er fan became the thing to be. Only nasty argument I ever got in at Candlestick was in '82 when a new bandwagon fan starts yelling at me and my family because we had to leave early. Guy went on about how we weren't supporting the team etc... Looked at him and asked him where the hell were you when Joe Thomas was GM, Ken Meyer was coaching and we had to endure Scott Bull playing QB? If have the section (half of us been together since the late '70's) hadn't started laughing and pointing at the guy cussing him out probably would have turned into a fight. Didn't see that guy the following year don't know if he moved to another section or gave up his tickets.

Like you said this is some of the stuff we will now have to endure all over again as season ticket holders and hard core fans from the bandwagon fans.
[ Edited by Bejaard49er on Nov 15, 2011 at 9:54 PM ]

I have noticed an increase in "lifelong 49er fans" over the past few weeks

I ask everyone of them .."where the hell you been the past 10 seasons?" ..I know a lot of people that have been "Hardcore Patriot Fans" over the last 10 years are now suddenly "Hardcore 49er fans"
  • Jiks
Bandwagon fans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Getting out cheered by Cowboys fans in your own stadium
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
uhhh

Alex Smith, Frank Gore, Patrick Willis, John Harbaugh, and Alex Smith.

Harbaugh...not a player brotha.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Bandwagon fans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Getting out cheered by Cowboys fans in your own stadium

That still pisses me off ....I was so disgusted when I saw 49er fans covering their ears when the Cowgirl fans were making a lot of noise, that cant happen again
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
LAWRENCE PHILLIPS

Aeneas Williams
You know how they say you remember traumatic events, this one is pretty well embeded in me that monday night. I wasFURIOUS that whole week of middle school.
The a few years later post Garcia Ken Dorsey I seriously believed would come through,
Share 49ersWebzone