LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 271 users in the forums

Should 9ers rest Gore until Thanksgiving?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I would like to see Gore not play as much for the rest of the season. I still want him to start but maybe get Hunter in some more. Limit Gore to 15-20 carries at most a game.
I would like to see Gore not play as much for the rest of the season. I still want him to start but maybe get Hunter in some more. Limit Gore to 15-20 carries at most a game.
Rest him up until the pwords
let the man rest for a week
Originally posted by CUZO49:
I believe the 49ers can rest Gore for a week and still come out with victory over Cards.

BRILLIANT
Hunter and Dixon can hold it down.
We definitely need him for the stretch run...he's such a competitor that he'll resist it as much as he can, but it's the right thing to do.

We don't lose that much when Hunter's in the game, as evidenced today. He's a pretty good player in his own right, a lot quicker and shiftier than Gore, though nowhere near the overall talent level nor help in the passing game.'

Nonetheless, we should be OK with Hunter starting vs. the Cards...not to sound like Freddy P. Soft, but we should be able to put them away early. My hope is that we come out fast and rest some of our key players seeing as we have a short week and tough game against a strong opponent on Thanksgiving.
Originally posted by backontop:
Hunter and Dixon can hold it down.

ditto, I say rest him so that ankle and knee can heal fully, also may wanna rest ray mac also, he didnt seem to have as much burst today, he should have sacked eli that one play when he burst up the middle
Originally posted by baltien:
I think Hunter and Dixon are adequate replacements, especially now that we've rediscovered our passing game.

Agreed
He had an ankle injury coming into the game vs. the Giants, and he injured his knee today. I think we should rest him and make sure that we don't rush him to get back on the field, especially when Kendall Hunter and Dixon are playing well. What do you guys think?

It burns when I Pee
If he's healthy enough to play, then he plays
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/160291-should-9ers-rest-gore-until-thanksgiving/
Frank has proved that he always misses a couple of games because of an injury. I say we rest him this week and get him healthy for the big game on Thanksgiving!!!

P.S. It burns when I pee
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yes
Share 49ersWebzone