LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Should 9ers rest Gore until Thanksgiving?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
let him sit we NEED him 4 days later

We NEED him every game. I hope he plays
Originally posted by valrod33:

we didnt need him yesterday against a much much much better team
Originally posted by valrod33:

we didnt need him yesterday against a much much much better team

We NEED both him and Hunter.
He should definitely play, but Hunter should get an equal amount of looks. 12-15 carries each would be perfect.
yea we don't need him to beat the cards, we still blow em out without him.
Originally posted by 49er4ever:
He should suit up, but split carries with Hunter. He's not the workhorse he once was....

The thing is, if you don't include the last game, he was averaging more carries a game than he has in his career. I think he was at 19.9 a game. I think he will be just fine
One thing, we probably shouldn't rest any of our guys until we clinch the division.
Believe in JH - he's taking us to the promised land.
I think the coaching staff and Gore played a "Terrell Davis" a bit yesterday. Remember when TD went into the superbowl game even though he was nearly blind with a migraine -- and Shanahan explains on the sideline, "They won't believe its a run unless you are in there."

To a degree, I think they knew that Gore's ankle needed some rest, but they also knew that for the Giants to stick with their run first defensive game plan, Gore had to be in the line up and attempt a few runs. That way, the Giants would believe that Alex's passing at the beginning was short-lived.

When JH and staff saw that the passing game was working even without Gore as a "decoy threat" they were able to pull him out. IRONICALLY, with Hunter and Dixon entering the line-up, and the Giants backing playing the pass more -- runs were effective.

Nice how that all works out, huh. LOL :)

Oh yeah, play Gore if he can go, but limit his carries. Hunter and Dixon should be fine -- even do really well - -in getting a win over Cardinals. Gore needs a spell to stay fresh for the turkey day game 4 days later! And the rest of the season.
I say rest him, what good do we get by playing him? obviously he is not 100% so why risk it? let him heal and play him after the Ravens game, we need him in January not next week

Originally posted by 9ermex:
I say rest him, what good do we get by playing him? obviously he is not 100% so why risk it? let him heal and play him after the Ravens game, we need him in January not next week

I agree 100%.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Contrary to popular belief... the Ravens game is NOT the more important of the two.

Just because it is national televised does not make it more important. It just makes it more important to fans. Not the standings.

We need to beat the Cardinals FAR FAR more than we need to beat the Ravens, given the tie-breaking potential for a bye.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by okdkid:
Contrary to popular belief... the Ravens game is NOT the more important of the two.

Just because it is national televised does not make it more important. It just makes it more important to fans. Not the standings.

We need to beat the Cardinals FAR FAR more than we need to beat the Ravens, given the tie-breaking potential for a bye.

Who cares about all that. The Raven game is gonna be watched by the entire country so we have to put on a good show.
thread 1
thread 2
Share 49ersWebzone