LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Should 9ers rest Gore until Thanksgiving?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I believe the 49ers can rest Gore for a week and still come out with victory over Cards.
Agreed.
If he isn't 100% by Sunday then yes.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
No use in making a decision now. For competition's sake, it's best to make it a game time decision.

We know Alex can put this team on his back, and win. So no need to push Gore.
I'll do you one better, they should rest him until the game after (the Rams). No need in having him spin his wheels against the Ravens defense. I think Hunter and Dixon are adequate replacements, especially now that we've rediscovered our passing game.
Not a bad idea
Originally posted by okdkid:
No use in making a decision now. For competition's sake, it's best to make it a game time decision.

We know Alex can put this team on his back, and win. So no need to push Gore.

Agree. Rest him until he is completely healthy. May also give Alex and the receivers more time to get on the same page on offense
I say rest him.

He'll be pissed, but he'll take it out on the Ravens.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
It it wasn't the Cardinals next week...I would say no if he wasn't at least 90%. But since its the Cardinals.....Yes. Hunter/Dixon are more than capable of picking up the slack, especially against the Cards.

If the Niners were smart, play it off like Gore will play so the Cards game plan against him. Then game-time...hunter starts.
smart

Yes. Arizona is 28th against the run according to footballoutsiders, although their defensive line is 17th against the run. They're garbage against the run at the second-level, where Hunter excels with his speed.

Rest Gore. We play the Ravens in 11, ELEVEN, days.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
smart

• fryet
  • Veteran
I think we should rest him too. We will need him in the playoffs, so I can see us using him only sparringly except against the Ravens and PIT. If the 49ers are down at half time, then play him in the second half of games.
I do like the idea of seeing how effective the dixon hunter combo can be... We have nothing to loose by getting these guys going a bit more. With our system i would bet either one or both can be sucessfull and can test out their ability to exploit certain areas of defences and give coordinaters even more to game plan against All while keeping Frankie Fresh !!!! Win win win not to mention it seems that even though our favorite Tank Frank will want to be in on every play if given the option it would be awful if he were run too hard and wasnt available or in peak shape for the postseason . Frank in reality has done most of his work for the regular seaon and because resting him is a luxury we have hard earned and can afford i would say definitvly heck yes!!
I know Frank wont like it but I think you are right to say "let him sit out a few'.

We will need him down the stretch and in the playoffs at 100% if we are to make a run at the bowl.
Share 49ersWebzone