LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Harbaugh has one chink in his armor.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think the Tampa Bay game dispels this notion quite convincingly.

Outside of that TB game, we've had trouble playing a complete game and so it seems like we have taken our foot off the gas, but really we're just not putting the ball in the end zone. IMO, It's on the players (Alex's overthrows, the drops, the missed blocks, etc.). Once they tighten up these little mistakes that have been costing us points and first downs, we'll score until it's time to kneel the ball and the scores will look more like the TB game than the CLE, WASH, SEA games.
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by dhp318:
7-1

Exactly. People forget that you can't win all games prettily (if that's a word, lol) in this league. The following are examples of good teams coming way closer to losing to bad teams than we did vs. Cleveland/Washington:

NYG vs. AZ
BAL vs. AZ
PIT vs. JAX
NYG vs. MIA
GB vs. CAR
N.O. vs. CAR
DET vs. MIN

etc. etc. etc.

Yet our games vs. Cleveland and Washington, of which we still won by 2 scores, deserve criticism? Why?

we didn't beat washington by 2 scores
Not worried about it. And the pi$$ poor pass defense was a bigger contributor by far to the Dallas loss than keeping the FG on the board.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
7-1

Exactly. People forget that you can't win all games prettily (if that's a word, lol) in this league. The following are examples of good teams coming way closer to losing to bad teams than we did vs. Cleveland/Washington:

NYG vs. AZ
BAL vs. AZ
PIT vs. JAX
NYG vs. MIA
GB vs. CAR
N.O. vs. CAR
DET vs. MIN

etc. etc. etc.

Yet our games vs. Cleveland and Washington, of which we still won by 2 scores, deserve criticism? Why?

Sure we did. a TD and a Two point conversion.
is it that asian guy who is always around Gore?
It seems to me they are doing what is needed, but not taking chances when having a lead. Probably the right thing with this team right now - they are still learning a new offense after virtually no training camp. We see them doing a little more each week with the playbook. If they are still doing this in two years, then I'll worry about Harbaugh's coaching style.
Good Insight, and I felt the same way without reading this plog.... GB will be a stage time game.... so It would be great to see more explotion from the offensive numbers and get some experience in a fast tempo game. But im pretty sure Harbaugh and coaching crew is already made plans for that, any good coach would.
In all no matter the outcome for this season, The Niners did one hell of a job and gave us pride again. But Dame a Gold Ring would be a dream come true.

Thanks Niners and Crew
Red and Gold forever
[ Edited by Constantine on Nov 8, 2011 at 12:46 PM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
This thread is racist

meh
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Nov 8, 2011 at 1:18 PM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
umm...... Yummy.

Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
We've all seen it, we all know it to be true. Jim Hardballz Harbaugh becomes ultra racsit with a two score lead, and we've seen that cost us one game this season.. and nearly a few more. My fear as a fan is that it is going to come back to haunt us in Pearl Harbor, against the teams with very good offenses that score nearly at will, such as the Green Bay Packers.

Does anyone else have this fear? I don't mean to sound like a racist, it is just the one lingering fear I have about our beloved 49ers.
[ Edited by Natewillis2252 on Nov 8, 2011 at 12:52 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
7-1

NYG vs. AZ
BAL vs. AZ
PIT vs. JAX
NYG vs. MIA
GB vs. CAR
N.O. vs. CAR
DET vs. MIN

etc. etc. etc.

The bottom line is that we played a better game against Cleveland and Washington than that list I made of all those real good teams vs. real bad teams. In each of those games, the good team came significantly closer to losing than we did in either the Cleveland or Washington game. Yet I don't think Packers fans are criticising McCarthy for not crushing Carolina or Ravens fans are calling John Harbaugh out for not destroying Arizona.
lol "chink"

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i thought this was about the strength and conditioning coach
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone