LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 388 users in the forums

Harbaugh has one chink in his armor.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Should of bought American made armor I guess?

It's something to keep a further eye on... but no, I wouldn't put much attention on it till it really costs us wins.
Chink Armor?

lol, this thread is awesome.
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:

1. Term "chink in the armor" is actually old English and is not racist. It is now construed to be so, but was never the original intent. Google is your friend.

2. The term: "there's a nip in the air" or "there's a little nip in the air" is, in fact, very racist. It's a reference to Japanese fighter pilots during WWII

3. This is, perhaps, the most idiotic thread I've ever seen in Ninny Talk. How could anyone post something like this after reviewing the Tampa Bay game? FACT: Harbaugh isn't going to reveal the whole ball of wax for every opponent. FACT: There's no need to do it. FACT: The D lost us the Dallas game -- not the offense. It was a rare collapse y the defense. I'll give them that. It's happened once, OK? It's never happened again.

4. FACT: You will see an epic blowout of the Giants this Sunday and the creator of this thread will not reappear to eat major amounts of steaming, hot crow.

Not trying to hi-jack the thread but you are wrong about the phrase "nip in the air". It is a phrase used since the 1800's, at least. Since you are fond of google i spent about ten seconds looking for support and found a quote from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in which he uses the phrase "nip in the air" in The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. Doyle died much before WWII. As far as Harbaugh goes i dont see it. He is known to actually be the opposite and keep his foot on the gas until the end. I think he is just being careful for now because of the amount of time our offense has had to fully grasp his playbook.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Chink Armor?

^^^^ don't know if that's right...
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Against USC Harbaugh went for two when there was 48 points on the board...real conservative.
We've gotten a bit off topic, but I figured I'd throw in another. There is a word that is often used in a negative light toward people who prefer the company of their own gender. The word starts with the letter F.

It can be found in The Lord of the Rings. Not the movie, the BOOKS. The actual line is something like throw another F***** on the fire. Sounds pretty bad, right?

Why is it still there? Because in england that word is actually a term for a piece of wood.

What makes something racist isn't the word itself...its the context in which the word is used. People who take literal translation seriously make these mistakes all the time. Don't even get me started on the bible.

....and yes, I know it was a joke to begin with.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 8, 2011 at 2:17 PM ]
Uh dude, I believe asian american is the preferred nomenclature...

Originally posted by valrod33:
this is racist

I agree and if we pull that against the Giants this week it will come back to bite us
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

"Harbaugh has one Asian American in his armor"

kinky.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

"Harbaugh has one Asian American in his armor"

kinky.

Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:

1. Term "chink in the armor" is actually old English and is not racist. It is now construed to be so, but was never the original intent. Google is your friend.

2. The term: "there's a nip in the air" or "there's a little nip in the air" is, in fact, very racist. It's a reference to Japanese fighter pilots during WWII

3. This is, perhaps, the most idiotic thread I've ever seen in Ninny Talk. How could anyone post something like this after reviewing the Tampa Bay game? FACT: Harbaugh isn't going to reveal the whole ball of wax for every opponent. FACT: There's no need to do it. FACT: The D lost us the Dallas game -- not the offense. It was a rare collapse y the defense. I'll give them that. It's happened once, OK? It's never happened again.

4. FACT: You will see an epic blowout of the Giants this Sunday and the creator of this thread will not reappear to eat major amounts of steaming, hot crow.

FACT: You use FACT to express your opinions
Share 49ersWebzone