There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers and the National Media (Perceptions, predictions, articles, etc.)

Never thought I'd see Bayless with pro-49er argument, and Stephen A. REALLY doesn't like Alex...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5MCprkF1vE
Go Skip Go
Originally posted by mickey49:
Never thought I'd see Bayless with pro-49er argument, and Stephen A. REALLY doesn't like Alex...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5MCprkF1vE
I don't know who I hate more of those two.
a nba guy and some old leather faced dude out of dallas debating the 49ers, i'll pass
Didn't watch lol
Stephen A. Smith doesn't know anything about the 49ers
This is funny, on sunday I was watching the game at a sports bar and had the misfortune of sitting next to a gentleman who looked and talked JUST like Stephen A Smith, and he was saying everything SAS is saying here, how crappy he was, how he isn't any good etc. The whole game he wouldn't shut up about it.

I tried putting reason into his head. The 3 TDs against a 1st place 'West Coast Killas', the 2 TDs and 0 incompletions in the 3rd qtr against the Eagles to bring us back, his QB rating, beating undefeated Detroit, his TD to Int ratio. Everything I said was stupid and completely irrelevant according to him because Alex Smith simply 'sucks'. Stats are stupid, wins are stupid. He kept saying I need a blowout win, they can't get a blowout win. I said "What about Tampa Bay?" He says "Abberation, they didn't come to play that day."

Some people will never be convinced Smith is not a terrible QB.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Stephen A. Smith doesn't know anything about the 49ers

I think that was clear since the only argument he had was that he didnt trust Alex Smith. I bet if you ask him who the niners rookie 1st rounder was, he wouldnt have a clue.
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by mickey49:
Never thought I'd see Bayless with pro-49er argument, and Stephen A. REALLY doesn't like Alex...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5MCprkF1vE
I don't know who I hate more of those two.

Buy you a beer!
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
This is funny, on sunday I was watching the game at a sports bar and had the misfortune of sitting next to a gentleman who looked and talked JUST like Stephen A Smith, and he was saying everything SAS is saying here, how crappy he was, how he isn't any good etc. The whole game he wouldn't shut up about it.

I tried putting reason into his head. The 3 TDs against a 1st place 'West Coast Killas', the 2 TDs and 0 incompletions in the 3rd qtr against the Eagles to bring us back, his QB rating, beating undefeated Detroit, his TD to Int ratio. Everything I said was stupid and completely irrelevant according to him because Alex Smith simply 'sucks'. Stats are stupid, wins are stupid. He kept saying I need a blowout win, they can't get a blowout win. I said "What about Tampa Bay?" He says "Abberation, they didn't come to play that day."

Some people will never be convinced Smith is not a terrible QB.

I hate people like this. I don't even bother anymore.
I don't know but it's possible that Stephen A is not a believer of Alex Smith
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
This is funny, on sunday I was watching the game at a sports bar and had the misfortune of sitting next to a gentleman who looked and talked JUST like Stephen A Smith, and he was saying everything SAS is saying here, how crappy he was, how he isn't any good etc. The whole game he wouldn't shut up about it.

I tried putting reason into his head. The 3 TDs against a 1st place 'West Coast Killas', the 2 TDs and 0 incompletions in the 3rd qtr against the Eagles to bring us back, his QB rating, beating undefeated Detroit, his TD to Int ratio. Everything I said was stupid and completely irrelevant according to him because Alex Smith simply 'sucks'. Stats are stupid, wins are stupid. He kept saying I need a blowout win, they can't get a blowout win. I said "What about Tampa Bay?" He says "Abberation, they didn't come to play that day."

Some people will never be convinced Smith is not a terrible QB.

its so dumb. i love how people act like he's been as bad as, say, Tebow his entire career. Yes, he had an awful rookie year. Yes, he's made a bunch of bonehead highlight plays, and had some terrible games on national tv. But overall his numbers say, "average to slightly below average QB." Most people who don't follow the NIners have formed their opinion on a few plays or one season and that's that.

I also think the games he played with the shoulder injury might factor into that perception. He was obviously terrible in those games.

but whatever. let the haters hate. He'll have as many Super Bowl rings as Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Aaron Rodgers after this year.
Originally posted by ktate14:
I don't know but it's possible that Stephen A is not a believer of Alex Smith

I'm not sure. He was kinda vague about it...
Analysts like Smith are the reason I stopped watching NFLN. Too obnoxious, too loud, too annoying, rarely speaks from an objective viewpoint even if he claims to do so. I legitimately hate whenever he is on First Take.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
This is funny, on sunday I was watching the game at a sports bar and had the misfortune of sitting next to a gentleman who looked and talked JUST like Stephen A Smith, and he was saying everything SAS is saying here, how crappy he was, how he isn't any good etc. The whole game he wouldn't shut up about it.

I tried putting reason into his head. The 3 TDs against a 1st place 'West Coast Killas', the 2 TDs and 0 incompletions in the 3rd qtr against the Eagles to bring us back, his QB rating, beating undefeated Detroit, his TD to Int ratio. Everything I said was stupid and completely irrelevant according to him because Alex Smith simply 'sucks'. Stats are stupid, wins are stupid. He kept saying I need a blowout win, they can't get a blowout win. I said "What about Tampa Bay?" He says "Abberation, they didn't come to play that day."

Some people will never be convinced Smith is not a terrible QB.

I hate people like this. I don't even bother anymore.

I stopped when he said Steve Young was overrated. I swear if a clone of Joe Montana at his prime was created and played for this team they wouldn't like him either.

Seriously so many people are expecting a Joe Montana super bowl performance every week or they suck.