LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 326 users in the forums

49ers and the National Media (Perceptions, predictions, articles, etc.)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Let's face it, what if your job was to be on TV, talk about football and produce decent ratings? In reality, most players are good people who work hard and are as good as their genetics and the system in which they play allows them. But you can't just go on about that. You have to get people riled up or make stupid predictions that, if they do come true, you can brag about and if they don't nobody remembers anyway.

This sells weak beer, thin condoms, cars with wings, buffalo wings, guys with deep cowboy voices selling whatever...and it keeps you employed.

And, here we are, talking about these guys and making them relevant, so it works.
Stephen A. Smithyy = Susweel.....
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by sacniner:
Of course a ntl guy who probably has not even watched a niner game this year will hate on Alex. Based on the past six years and the ignorance of not even really paying attention to them this. Guys like Stephen A Smith have no clue about our defense or this team.

A lot of the analysts have not watched the 49ers and Alex THIS YEAR. You can tell by their comments.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Who the f**k is Steven A Smith and why should I care what he thinks about what he knows nothing of? I think Smith might be one of our resident trolls come to think of it, they follow the same line of reasoning.

Susweel....
I posted this on the channels comments, might as well post it here too.

Who is leading a team that is 6-1 at the moment, and the ONLY 6-1 team in the NFL? Alex Smith. Who led a late 4th quarter comeback against the Eagles, in their home, with three TD passes? Alex Smith. Who led a comeback against the Bengals at their house? Alex Smith. Who had three TD passes in a romp of the Tampa Bay Bucs? Alex Smith. Who threw a TD pass on 4th and goal, minute or so left in the game during a 4th quarter comeback against an undefeated Detroit in their own house? Alex Smith. Who has 9 TDs and 2 INTs through 7 games? Alex Smith.

Go ahead and hate on him. Go ahead. You're looking at his past and letting it dictate your feelings on him in the present. That's what ignorant men do and if you want to be one, go for it. The truth though, is that Alex is proving all the haters wrong. You only look like a complete moron by hating on him at this point. So keep doing it. It only shows me who is intelligent about football and who isn't.

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
This is funny, on sunday I was watching the game at a sports bar and had the misfortune of sitting next to a gentleman who looked and talked JUST like Stephen A Smith, and he was saying everything SAS is saying here, how crappy he was, how he isn't any good etc. The whole game he wouldn't shut up about it.

I tried putting reason into his head. The 3 TDs against a 1st place 'West Coast Killas', the 2 TDs and 0 incompletions in the 3rd qtr against the Eagles to bring us back, his QB rating, beating undefeated Detroit, his TD to Int ratio. Everything I said was stupid and completely irrelevant according to him because Alex Smith simply 'sucks'. Stats are stupid, wins are stupid. He kept saying I need a blowout win, they can't get a blowout win. I said "What about Tampa Bay?" He says "Abberation, they didn't come to play that day."

Some people will never be convinced Smith is not a terrible QB.

I know how you feel my brother is a cowgirl fan & he keeps sayin the only good team we beat was detroit. I asked what about the eagles and he had the nerve to say that win dont count cause we beat them when they sucked & Alex got lucky. they just wont believe we're a great team even when we prove it.
I think Stephen A has a point. We'll see in the playoffs.
Actually Baltimore and Pit will be a good test because they can take away the run and will make Alex beat them.
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
I think Stephen A has a point. We'll see in the playoffs.
Actually Baltimore and Pit will be a good test because they can take away the run and will make Alex beat them.

Alex did beat Detroit. Did you watch the game? Furthermore he has 3 4th quarter comebacks for a win on the road which leads all the NFL. People are still going off of past perception.
this sounds like when you try to force a 3 year old to eat broccoli.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Alex did beat Detroit. Did you watch the game? Furthermore he has 3 4th quarter comebacks for a win on the road which leads all the NFL. People are still going off of past perception.

Yes I watched the game. But like I said, Balt and Pit can shut the running game down unlike Philly and Detroit. So, Alex will have to do a bit more.
I hope Alex can shut me up and all the doubters and haters out there. Cuz until he does on the big stage, there will always be doubt.

PLEASE, ALEX, make me eat crow in January and February!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by FunkNinerFlex on Nov 2, 2011 at 6:18 PM ]

• kray28
  • Veteran
Did Screamin' A refer to Alex Smith as "Kwamay Brown" at any point?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by susweel:
I dont like the fact that Skip Bayless likes us.

This.

A decade ago, when Bayless was writing in the Bay Area, he was a regular 49er hater and Raider sympathizer. His MO is to side with underdog and to take point on the contrarian argument. Back then, the 49ers were stronger, so he'd side with the Raiders. Now, the Niners are upstarts....so the coin is flipped.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I may be crazy but I actually been cracking up watching Steven A Smith and Skip go at it, Smith seems to have toned down his angry black man act a little bit and has been crackin jokes. Skip and Steven A are exactly the same person just different colors lol
Originally posted by jimrat201:
I may be crazy but I actually been cracking up watching Steven A Smith and Skip go at it, Smith seems to have toned down his angry black man act a little bit and has been crackin jokes. Skip and Steven A are exactly the same person just different colors lol

Yeah they are both media stooges.
lol skip tebow
Share 49ersWebzone