There are 244 users in the forums

49ers and the National Media (Perceptions, predictions, articles, etc.)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who the f**k is Steven A Smith and why should I care what he thinks about what he knows nothing of? I think Smith might be one of our resident trolls come to think of it, they follow the same line of reasoning.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Analysts like Smith are the reason I stopped watching NFLN. Too obnoxious, too loud, too annoying, rarely speaks from an objective viewpoint even if he claims to do so. I legitimately hate whenever he is on First Take.

Ironically, these are the very reasons why they are successful on TV. Their job is too irritate fans, so when they turn out to be wrong, fans tune in even more for the simple satisfaction of seeing them eat crow.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
Analysts like Smith are the reason I stopped watching NFLN. Too obnoxious, too loud, too annoying, rarely speaks from an objective viewpoint even if he claims to do so. I legitimately hate whenever he is on First Take.

Agreed. I have a hard time watching NFLN "analysts". Sapp, Irvin, Deion...all annoying...
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Who the f**k is Steven A Smith and why should I care what he thinks about what he knows nothing of? I think Smith might be one of our resident trolls come to think of it, they follow the same line of reasoning.

LOL maybe! Any guesses on who??
Stephen A. Smith is the most annoying talking head there is and doesnt have a clue what he is talking about outside of basketball. Bayless at least is intelligent and is paid to be hated by always arguing a devil's advocate stance.

Teams without an elite QB will fold? Right.. cause a strong running game and defense isnt a proven championship formula... or teams with similar limitations at QB like the 2006 Steelers, and 2008 Giants werent successful and knocked off all the elite QB's of the league along the way. Alex is definitly in the same class if not better right now than a 2006 Big Ben or 2008 Eli, of which both teams limited the QB's impact on the game similar to what Harbaugh is doing now.

Thats not even taking into account the teams that made it to the superbowl and lost like the 2007 Bears or 2004 Panthers who were also built on running the rock and defense. It's too bad Bayless can only argue points he plans out before the show or he could of handed Stephen A. his azz. It doesnt matter what offense is playing, defense will win championships more often than offense. If a team can hit the QB early and often, the Bradys, Mannings, and Rogers will all come back down to earth and make mistakes just like any other QB.
[ Edited by 5280High on Nov 2, 2011 at 11:56 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Yea Smith is probably the least qualified person to be discussing our capabilities as a football team. I'm going to pass on watching this.
He didn't really say anything that most non Niners fans don't already think. Nobody thinks Smith is gonna hold up til they see it for at least an whole season. He said they deserved the ranking but overall he doesn't think they are the 2nd best team. The guy just has a different opinion. Half of my friends think we got a Smith impersonator playing qb. You guys can't expect everybody to fall in line and be down for the team after 7 games.
[ Edited by lamontb on Nov 2, 2011 at 12:22 PM ]
Our producers want us to move on because we are making a big deal out of Alex Smith...
HAHAHAHAHAHA

What a f*ggot!
Originally posted by lamontb:
He didn't really say anything that most non Niners fans think. Nobody thinks Smith is gonna hold up til they see it for at least an whole season. He said they deserved the ranking but overall he doesn't think they are the 2nd best team. The guy just has a different opinion. Half of my friends think we got a Smith impersonator playing qb. You guys can't expect everybody to fall in line and be down for the team after 7 games.

Yeah most folks that haven't seen what is going on firsthand probably have no clue. Dude is still someone that would likely not want to be around me for very long though, I have a low tolerance for dumbassery.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I dont like the fact that Skip Bayless likes us.

Stephen A. Smith is the worst talking head in the sports world. He knows nothing aside from basketball, and he NEVER shuts his loud mouth up. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if he hasn't seen a niner game since the 2002 divisional round. I'm convinced Skip is only giving the niners props to give credit to Dallas, but at least even if he's playing the devil's advocate, he isn't a dumbass like Stephen A.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:
Originally posted by mickey49:
Never thought I'd see Bayless with pro-49er argument, and Stephen A. REALLY doesn't like Alex...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5MCprkF1vE
I don't know who I hate more of those two.

Buy you a beer!

Of course a ntl guy who probably has not even watched a niner game this year will hate on Alex. Based on the past six years and the ignorance of not even really paying attention to them this. Guys like Stephen A Smith have no clue about our defense or this team.
Of course a ntl guy who probably has not even watched a niner game this year will hate on Alex. Based on the past six years and the ignorance of not even really paying attention to them this. Guys like Stephen A Smith have no clue about our defense or this team.
Isn't Stephen A**h*le Smith a NBA guy.........WoW looks like the lockout is hurting the NBA analyst as well.............STICK 2 SOMETHING U KNOW SMITH U DONT KNOW JACK BOUT FOOTBALL OR THESE SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS B*TCH!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone