There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Can the Niners attain No. 1 seed in NFC?

  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,663
Championship.
Sure.
Just looking at the tie breaker scenarios if it gets to the 4 team scenario here's our common opponents.

St Louis, Detroit, Tampa Bay and New York Giants. If Detroit can knock Green Bay in one of those games that would be pretty helpful. Strength of schedule will probally go against us. Arizona, St Louis, and Seattle will kill that metric.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Just looking at the tie breaker scenarios if it gets to the 4 team scenario here's our common opponents.

St Louis, Detroit, Tampa Bay and New York Giants. If Detroit can knock Green Bay in one of those games that would be pretty helpful. Strength of schedule will probally go against us. Arizona, St Louis, and Seattle will kill that metric.

they are 4 teams in contentian for the top 2 seeds in NFC

packers are one
saints are another
same with giants
and of course us
9lions are in it too but top 2 teams cant be in same dvision)


giants (5-2): patriots, 49ers, eagles, saints packers dallas washington jets dallas

that is a brutal schedule i see no way they can get more than maybe 11 wins


saints (5-3)- Bucs, Atlanta Giants Lions Titans Vikings Atlanta Panthers

there schedule isnt that tough but it is no cakewalk and keep in ind tehy already lost 3 games if they lose 2 out of those no way they end up with the 2nd seed

Packers (7-0) : Chargers Vikings TB Lions Giants Oakland cheifs Bears Lions

they dont have a very hard schedule but i see them winning 15 or maybe even going undefeated (there weakness is secondary they dont face any pass strong teams)

49ers: you guys already know our schedule so i dont have to put it up we have 2 games up on the saints and really only 3 tough games with steelers giants and ravens

i see us winning at least 1 of those games and hypothethically even if we lose all three if we win all the games we should 12-4 should be good enough for 2nd seed in NFC

i dont see the saints only losing 1 game in their remaining schedule and no way giants lose only 1 game with that brutal schedule
good analysis ^ and I agree. Barring injuries, this is how it should play out. Rodgers goes down, we win the #1 seed.
The 49ers only have 3 winning teams left on the schedule from here on out, needless to say the only teams I'm hesitant on calling wins over are the Ravens and the Steelers.

Green Bay hasn't really impressed my all that much this season...
Close game with Carolina, Close game with Minnesota, Rams put up 400 yards of offense on then, and were in the red zone on the Pack 5-6 times in that game, but couldn't finish drives.

Things should get interesting with them in the next few weeks.
#2 seed would get home field and a bye
@49ersallday126

giants (5-2): patriots, 49ers, eagles, saints packers dallas washington jets dallas

(5-3)- Bucs, Atlanta Giants Lions Titans Vikings Atlanta Panthers

Packers (7-0) : Chargers Vikings TB Lions Giants Oakland cheifs Bears Lions

The bolded games are my predictions as to which games these teams will win for these remaining schedules.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Packers are going undefeated

they will lose this sunday. chargers have their backs against the wall.
We'll just concentrate on locking this division up early.....then, the Ravens & Steelers. Through all that our boys should know exactly where they stand. If they knock off one of the two, being PIT or BAL......then the sports media may finally give true credit where it deserves. BUT our team is still gonna get half-baked responses from most of ESPN (who cares, right? lol)

Whatever happens to the Packers along the way we definitely can't tell. One thing is for sure....I expect them to lose at most 3 games. Someone (i.e., DET, NYG, etc) will come along and beat them. The Packers aren't emaculate by any means.....they are on one hell of a hot streak & are reigning champs. Great, good for them......but the 49ers are looking for respect too. Time to make a run for that #1 spot!
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Packers are going undefeated

they will lose this sunday. chargers have their backs against the wall.
GB is good, but they are not good enough to go undefeated. I will be watching this game with the '72 Dolphins and sharing in the champaign when they lose.
Originally posted by JayDAche:
@49ersallday126

giants (5-2): patriots, 49ers, eagles, saints packers dallas washington jets dallas

(5-3)- Bucs, Atlanta Giants Lions Titans Vikings Atlanta Panthers

Packers (7-0) : Chargers Vikings TB Lions Giants Oakland cheifs Bears Lions

The bolded games are my predictions as to which games these teams will win for these remaining schedules.

The Chargers can beat the Packers this week. They are much better than their record (Chargers). And they are at home in an almost must win for them so they don't fall too far behind in their division race. I think the Lions may be able to beat them once. Maybe they lose one other game. Maybe not. I'm figuring on 14 - 2 or 13 - 3 for the Packers. So we need to be better than that.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The Chargers can beat the Packers this week. They are much better than their record (Chargers). And they are at home in an almost must win for them so they don't fall too far behind in their division race. I think the Lions may be able to beat them once. Maybe they lose one other game. Maybe not. I'm figuring on 14 - 2 or 13 - 3 for the Packers. So we need to be better than that.


Chargers haven't beaten any quality teams yet... Just sayin'.
The decent teams on their schedule have taken it to them.

Lions have the Pass game to beat the Pack, twice.
As do the Giants if they show up.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Packers are going undefeated

The Packers will not go undefeated. I'd bet at least $1k on that. Given their remaining schedule, they will choke. However, I am just as convinced that we will not win out the rest of our games. I think we can beat the Giants at home. But the Ravens and Steelers will be tough games.

I'm thinking we will loose 2 of our remaining games. I don't know who would be #1 in the case of a tie, but to even be in contention the Packers will have to loose at least 3 games.
Originally posted by JayDAche:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The Chargers can beat the Packers this week. They are much better than their record (Chargers). And they are at home in an almost must win for them so they don't fall too far behind in their division race. I think the Lions may be able to beat them once. Maybe they lose one other game. Maybe not. I'm figuring on 14 - 2 or 13 - 3 for the Packers. So we need to be better than that.


Chargers haven't beaten any quality teams yet... Just sayin'.
The decent teams on their schedule have taken it to them.

Lions have the Pass game to beat the Pack, twice.
As do the Giants if they show up.

I live in SD and the Chargers start slow every single year. It's their M.O. And they finish super strong. They tend to play their best with their backs against the wall. And they have the Packers at home. They are mostly very good over the years at Qualcomm Stadium. Rivers is a great QB who is having a tough year. But he is due for a great game. I really could see the Chargers beating them this week. The Packers could lose their first game as early as this Sunday.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 3, 2011 at 7:55 AM ]