LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Can the Niners attain No. 1 seed in NFC?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Here's my take on the matter.

And just b/c it's bleacher report, read it anyways since I wrote it

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/921442-san-francisco-49ers-7-reasons-why-niners-will-get-no-1-seed-in-nfc

Thoughts?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Gonna be hard with the GB is playing but you never know. Im starting to get very excited about this team I think we might have a serious chance to do some real damage in the playoffs.

Why not us, why not now
Right now I'm only thinking one game at a time.
what kinda thread is this? do the math, 1 game back, 9 games left, ya its pretty clear we can get the first seed, will we? stay tuned
Originally posted by susweel:
Gonna be hard with the GB is playing but you never know. Im starting to get very excited about this team I think we might have a serious chance to do some real damage in the playoffs.

Why not us, why not now

GB is about to go through the tough part of their schedule. i doubt they can win outright
We are the best team in the NFC, Green Bay only has the best QB in the NFC. We have a much better defense, much better special teams and our running game blows theirs out of the water. In this day of teams being measured solely on their passing games, I cannot wait to see our complete team put the smackdown on the Packers, not many will have seen it coming.
Good article man! Wow the kool aide is so sweet right now!

I'm rooting for the Packers to lose every week, their schedule isn't looking like cakewalk either, they still play Detriot twice.

It's possible.
Originally posted by real9erfan:

Agree. We need to take it one game at a time. Maybe if we want it more, and leave everything out on the field, we can play a full 60 minutes and just want it more than the other team.

It helps that we have real lunch-pail type throwback players with motors that won't quit.

If our skill players can maintain a quick first step, and our defense can bend but not break, we may end up being better than our record indicates!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Of course we can.

The Packers' defense is wretched. Their passing offense won't win them every game. Not in the NFL. They've only played one, maybe two, quality opponents to date.
[ Edited by okdkid on Nov 2, 2011 at 10:43 AM ]
Originally posted by fandemonium:

Agree. We need to take it one game at a time. Maybe if we want it more, and leave everything out on the field, we can play a full 60 minutes and just want it more than the other team.

It helps that we have real lunch-pail type throwback players with motors that won't quit.

If our skill players can maintain a quick first step, and our defense can bend but not break, we may end up being better than our record indicates!

It's the players and coaches jobs to take the one game at a time approach, while on the other hand the fans are ok to think about the scenarios and possibilities. But yeah, I get your point!

• okdkid
  • Veteran

Anyone who is currently employed by the San Francisco 49ers franchise should think this way.

However, fans need not be limited by such burdens. Fans can think about today, tomorrow, next year and next decade. We can afford to look ahead.
Attain , octane , obtain , same s**t
I think you did a really nice job. Those other team's schedule's are brutal. 49ers might have the easiest, GB's looks harder than ours. I think the 1st tiebreaker after head to head (which won't apply as we don't play them) would be conference record. So far we are 4-1 and they are 6-0. If we lose to AFC teams and end up with the same record it won't hurt us. Just have to beat them in conference so we need to run the table in the NFC and for them to lose 2 games in the NFC. If conference record and overall record is the same then I think it's record in common games... (DET for starters) minimum 4 games (do we even have 4 like games this year?) After that it goes to strength of victory and strength of schedule. Get's complicated... make it easy and win out and hope they lose 2 games.

Edit: If we do have to play them in the NFC Championship Game at GB then hope it's a blizzard so they can't pass and since they can't run and we have the #1 run defense we would be in great shape. They have the #10 ranked run defense but advantage us. P.S. Whoever says GB isn't a complete team I agree. They lack in pass defense, overall defense and can't run the ball. Not sure where their ST rank. Our pass game is a weak spot but everything else is good.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Nov 2, 2011 at 10:51 AM ]
Originally posted by susweel:

Why not us, why not now

That's what I've been tellin' ya for some time now...

Seriously though, I'm so pumped about this team and it's chances of having home field advantage.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Top-And-Bottom-of-the-NFL-Week-8-132989238.html
"The 49ers only have three winning teams left on their schedule (Giants, Ravens, Steelers). The Packers have eight. Granted, one of those eight is the Raiders, but still! The only losing team the Packers face are the improving Vikings, who nearly beat them at home in the Metrodome a week ago."

The Pack has to still play Det twice, too. Isn't the Pack VS Det on Thanksgiving? Yes it is!!!! Wow, what a Thanksgiving this one is going to be!!!

The other major team players are Det, NO, NYG, Atl, Chi, Dal, Phi and out of all of those, we are the only ones with three winning teams remaining. Now that said, we certainly cannot look past our own division. Division games are always tough. All of them will be wanting a piece of our ass with all this talk of an early NFC West crown, they're fuming!!!! They want to take us out of the playoffs or at the very least make it hard for us to get there. Again, division games are tough no matter who you play.

Still, I love our chances this year. And, we ARE the most balanced team offensively out there. As far as the D, yea, we're a top 10 D, #1 in the run! Our ST units are in the top three, too. We have Frank the Tank and we can eat the clock better than most.

I likey our chances!!!
Packers are going undefeated
Share 49ersWebzone