LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

We're still not getting any love from the so called experts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
here's nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823a56df/article/pack-mentality-who-is-nfcs-secondbest-team-to-green-bay?module=HP11_cp
  • mod
  • Veteran
I actually like it now... I constantly look on ESPN, NFL, CBS, SI to see who else is a hater.
we still gotta earn it by winning a playoff game...or the SB...i hope its the latter.
wahh
  • mod
  • Veteran
all these idiots that point to our crappy division yet we've only played seattle... once.
Fine by me! I'd rather be the Q-ship.
Originally posted by Sinsation:
we still gotta earn it by winning a playoff game...or the SB...i hope its the latter.

Say what? We are beating playoff teams more than those "top" teams are. Most folks ONLY reason that our record is the way it is is by them saying we are in the NFC West. Seriously, WTF is that? Yet, they say the AFC North is the strongest division yet we beat two of those teams already.

What I don't understand is that NOONE mentions that the AFC North could possible be "strong" because they have played the NFC West.

DET got mad respect when they were 5-0 and were labeled up there with GB.

No one is putting us up there because they don't see us having any game breakers completely forgetting that we HAVE game breakers but don't need to force feed them to win.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
all these idiots that point to our crappy division yet we've only played seattle... once.

Yeah, its a no win situation for the 49ers in this regard. Although most of our NFC West games are in the future, all some of these "experts" see are the cards, rams and seahawks.
Let em keep sleeping.
Originally posted by fister30:
Originally posted by modninerfan:

Yeah, its a no win situation for the 49ers in this regard. Although most of our NFC West games are in the future, all some of these "experts" see are the cards, rams and seahawks.

What's worse is they turn around saying AFC North is the best division but forget to mention that the AFC North plays the NFC West. There's a reason why nearly every team in that division is above 0.500 and nearly every team in ours if below.

i guess i just dont care that much about what they think. our record is what it is, 6-1. we are good, we can get better. all this other stuff, they are paid to say things that get people talking. cool. loving that our team lets its play do the talking.
[ Edited by Sinsation on Oct 31, 2011 at 1:54 PM ]
West Coast football - they will have to be dominant for a while before National media coming from the East Coast starts to feel like they have something imprtant to write about over here.
We've gotten our due praise around the media, unless we blew out the Browns, I really didn't expect us to much "love" this week, and I'd say the same regarding the upcoming game against the Skins, being that the only way we get a lot of talk will be if we blow them out, or another result that I will leave unmentioned.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
We've gotten our due praise around the media, unless we blew out the Browns, I really didn't expect us to much "love" this week, and I'd say the same regarding the upcoming game against the Skins, being that the only way we get a lot of talk will be if we blow them out, or another result that I will leave unmentioned.

I don't know. 4-0 on the road is effing impressive and that elite teams have difficulty putting that up.
We got a little bit of love from one guy. But really, it's all about perception. That's why the Saints, Giants, Ravens, etc. can lose to multiple garbage teams yet still be given the benefit of the doubt. While the Niners continually beat playoff teams and get overlooked. People don't believe their own eyes because of what they've been conditioned to "see" for years. Big wins by teams like the Niners and embarrassing losses by the customary elite are viewed both as aberrations. Takes more than a 6-1 record (even against a quality schedule) to erase what's so much easier for these "experts" to fall back on. The status quo is a much more comfortable place for these people. They'll cling to it like their lives depend on it until the Niners rip their grip from it and shove more W's down their throats. You'll take it and you'll like it, b1tches!
Share 49ersWebzone