There are 180 users in the forums

We're still not getting any love from the so called experts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Deion is a joke. He tends to be an bandwagon guy who throws out some really brash statements that are usually group-think when examined. His sincerity level is nonexistent! When he talks face to face with players or coaches he lightens up and is a buddy. Human nature but not journalism.

Edit: I prefer Dukes because he is just a straight Smith hater. For whatever reason, I doubt Smith can do anything to change his mind. Even winning a super bowl would not do it. Hope I'm wrong.

I don't know. The only reason why experts don't ever believe in our team is because of Alex Smith, and understandably.. they have good reason. In the beginning of the season, what expert, in regards to Alex Smith, has actually said, "This guy is a good quarterback and I expect him to win for the 49ers." Nobody. I think the MOST anyone has said about Alex Smith was to concede that he's had 7 different OCs.

But this entire season, it's been the experts, slowly but surely, admitting they were wrong about our team. They're all the same and the only difference is that some are quicker than others at following the bandwagon. Deion is about in the middle, while guys like Jamie Dukes will be last. I don't really listen to what experts say anymore because they rarely offer any additional insight about our team that we don't already know. The so-called experts that show up are just there for entertainment purposes.
Welcome to living on the West Coast and being a 49er fan this is nothing new with the lack of respect etc. In 1981 MNF would not show highlights of us beating the Cowboys back than it was a huge deal, In 1984 the Dolphins were getting all the love and picked to beat us in the SB, from 90-93 all you heard about was the Cowboys and how the 49er dynasty was over so get use to not being respected.

IMO I love the fact the media isn't giving us any love just helps motivate the players, keeps egos in check and makes all the east coast experts look like idiots every week when they continue to be wrong.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I don't know. The only reason why experts don't ever believe in our team is because of Alex Smith, and understandably.. they have good reason. In the beginning of the season, what expert, in regards to Alex Smith, has actually said, "This guy is a good quarterback and I expect him to win for the 49ers." Nobody. I think the MOST anyone has said about Alex Smith was to concede that he's had 7 different OCs.

But this entire season, it's been the experts, slowly but surely, admitting they were wrong about our team. They're all the same and the only difference is that some are quicker than others at following the bandwagon. Deion is about in the middle, while guys like Jamie Dukes will be last. I don't really listen to what experts say anymore because they rarely offer any additional insight about our team that we don't already know. The so-called experts that show up are just there for entertainment purposes.

You make a good point but Deion bothers me because I don't see him adding any analysis to his rambles. I would like to go back to the days when the talking heads actually broke down plays as Mooch did on NFLN. Now they all yell their opinions about things with little substance other than the past.

Why did so many write off Smith when they could see the coaching ineptness on the niners? Many of them made comments that made it clear they did not watch the games. Yesterday there were two talking heads that pointed out that Smith threw an interception, as if that confirmed he was still erratic, without knowing it was a tipped ball. Drives me nuts! Deion should have been embarrassed by some of his past statements but he acts like the 9ers are all of a sudden good now that he has said so! At least Dukes sticks with his head in the sand attitude. Guess I prefer ostriches to peacocks!

Many of us have been waiting for years to see what Smith could do with a great offensive HC and that's why it is irksome that Deion and others have not given him any slack over the years. They all jump on a wagon and ride it until they are proven wrong, instead of relying on their own analysis. Do you really think Deion or the others actually watch all the games? Most of the games? They watch their favorites--Dallas, Giants, NE (because they have to), Jets (who get more attention than any other team) but not the 9ers.

Sorry for the rant...just tired of these guys all being paid lots of money to be group thinkers.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Nov 14, 2011 at 7:02 AM ]
I just heard the excuse that we won because the Giants were prepared for our running gtame and then we mixed it up and threwq Alex Smith at them. man the cognitive dissonance is thick.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Getting alot of love on ESPN 1st take today.
Share 49ersWebzone