There are 282 users in the forums

Grantland - Could Alex Smith Become the Worst Quarterback to Ever Win a Super Bowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
but he is rated the 4th best quarterback now..so i don't understand the question
Apparently, the honer goes to Terry Bradshaw, FOX tool and long time Niner hater!
No but it would be a great redemption story though.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Dilfer does have a Pro Bowl under his belt. Just saying.

Dude, he was cut after his team won the Superbowl. Thats all you need to know.
Trent Dilfer
Trent dilfer. I'd rather have smith then dilfer.
It's gotta be Broadway Joe. If it wasn't for the guarantee nobody would remember him. Sure he's famous, but he's remembered for the guarantee, not his mediocre on a good day play. Check out his career stats, they are horrible.
  • Huego
  • Veteran
what is the question asking exactly....

worse career? season or game?
Originally posted by Huego:
what is the question asking exactly....

worse career? season or game?

Worst QB among super bowl winners seems to imply body of work, and the author is clearly looking at career stats. That's why I think Doug Williams, Ken Stabler, Jim Plunkett, Dilfer, and Namath are all in the hunt. Looking at Smith's career to this point, he's certainly in that neighborhood--but things seem to be changing.

Edit: You can prolly stick Jim McMahon in there too.
[ Edited by BubbaParisMVP on Oct 21, 2011 at 6:59 PM ]
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Worst QB among super bowl winners seems to imply body of work, and the author is clearly looking at career stats. That's why I think Doug Williams, Ken Stabler, Jim Plunkett, Dilfer, and Namath are all in the hunt. Looking at Smith's career to this point, he's certainly in that neighborhood--but things seem to be changing.

Edit: You can prolly stick Jim McMahon in there too.

Good point.

If he even gets in the conversation I would be all stoked......that would mean we won a Superbowl!!!! Im all for that....
I think we should take our opinions out of this. We're not partial no matter your view on Alex. I think amongst the rest of the leagues fans, Alex COULD be considered. I think it would depend on how the rest of the season goes. What kind of play and recognition he gets. Between him and dilfer. Rypian not in it. IMO
Yes. Please.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Who f**kin cares?? I'd take Smith as the worst SB winning QB ANY day.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Dilfer does have a Pro Bowl under his belt. Just saying.

Dude, he was cut after his team won the Superbowl. Thats all you need to know.

Dude! That's beside the point, he is still a Pro-Bowl QB. When he gets introduced anywhere, he can it be as "Super Bowl Winning, Pro-Bowl QB Trent Dilfer". I'm not an Alex hater, by far, in fact I'm probably one of the few that's supported him throughout the years. But he's never sniffed a Pro-Bowl, unless you count Alex asking Trent all about his trip there. That's all YOU need to know.
Share 49ersWebzone