LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 477 users in the forums

Grantland - Could Alex Smith Become the Worst Quarterback to Ever Win a Super Bowl?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
when brady won his first they said he was the worse ever to win the superbowl, little did they know...
Dilfer was far worse among others. He's not the worst guy if he wins.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
No one is going to be worst than Dilfer.
dilfer and brad johnson are gonna be hard to beat, or not beat. those fools sucked and fell ass backwards into superbowl wins because their defenses and rushing attack was good enough to win. alex is in the top 5 in a few categories this year, i dont think dilfer or johnson ever were and alex is in his first year of an actual nfl offense. im excited to see where this goes next year.
Just an awful thread. I shouldn't be surprised... really, I shouldn't. So now Alex is Dilfer or less? Unbelievable... I just don't understand this thinking. Can we clear something up? Alex CAN pass and pass a lot... He can put up big numbers if asked to... but he's not asked to. So if he's not asked to... then WTF? Why should he just chuck sh!t up? ... and when he does, where does that usually get us? Do we have, or have we seen playmaking deep threats on this team? Not so much. I just think it's laughable that peeps want to shove Alex in the "can't throw it deep .. can't throw it often" category. Bottom 5 OL... sub-par or inconsistent receivers... Frank Gore and Hunter.... Yay sure! Just have a chuck-fest and pitch it up!

.... and yeah, these 4-5 pages? didn't read... full of terrible, I'm sure....................
Hopefully I can say yes someday soon.
Is this the same jackass that wrote about alex's glass jaw???
Who cares.. Winning is winning, sure Alex won't match numbers with Rogers, Brady etc. The team doesn't need him to do that.... at least not yet.

If the 49ers can keep winning using the formula they have been using, I'll take it.. It may not be pretty when compared to other teams, but a win is a win.

Substance > Style
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Who cares.. Winning is winning, sure Alex won't match numbers with Rogers, Brady etc. The team doesn't need him to do that.... at least not yet.

If the 49ers can keep winning using the formula they have been using, I'll take it.. It may not be pretty when compared to other teams, but a win is a win.

Substance > Style

You Sir, get it.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Apparently, the honer goes to Terry Bradshaw, FOX tool and long time Niner hater!

Bradshaw maybe a 9er hater, but he is no where near the worst QB to ever win a SB title. You can't be the worst when you win 4 of them.........

Originally posted by kemp_j:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Apparently, the honer goes to Terry Bradshaw, FOX tool and long time Niner hater!

Bradshaw maybe a 9er hater, but he is no where near the worst QB to ever win a SB title. You can't be the worst when you win 4 of them.........

I agree with this statement; however, alot of quarterbacks could've won 4 superbowl with that defense.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
You Sir, get it.

Thanks...

BTW... I tried the rib recipe, you shared in another thread. The ribs were as good as you promised!!

Maybe we can hijack this thread and turn it into a cooking discussion
No. I'm pretty sure Dilfer holds that title and always will. Smith is 10X's the QB Dilfer was.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Thanks...

BTW... I tried the rib recipe, you shared in another thread. The ribs were as good as you promised!!

Maybe we can hijack this thread and turn it into a cooking discussion

I just did some of those this past weekend, they are like smoked pork candy. I have a friend in Orroville up north of Sacramento that keeps trying to talk me into moving out there and opening a BBQ place, he says the average northern CA person has no clue what real BBQ is. If I had the finances to do it I would love to open a place up close enough to get to games Glad you enjoyed them, we spent a good amount of time working that recipe up.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If we win the Super Bowl, I could careless what Alex Smith is.
Share 49ersWebzone