Shop Find 49ers gear online

You have been a 49ers fan since...

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dcsham:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
The middle of Friday night, any wonder why the geezers are out in force right now? ;)
Just havin' some fun before we head out on the town with all the money us geezers make, big boy...

I'm a geezer on the East Coast. Just got in from doing that.

Awesome. Good thing I have about 40-50 more years of Niner Football ahead.
Originally posted by Muggins879:
The middle of Friday night, any wonder why the geezers are out in force right now? ;)
Just havin' some fun before we head out on the town with all the money us geezers make, big boy...

I'm a geezer on the East Coast. Just got in from doing that.

Awesome. Good thing I have about 40-50 more years of Niner Football ahead.
God willing, my son.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
God willing, my son.

Yes, Sir. Hopefully 60-70 more....
since 96' for me, i remember watchin mortan hanks get a pick and take it to the house, busted out his famous chicken neck. been hooked ever since! that was in 4th grade.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
John Brodie, Ken Willard, John David Crow, Dave Parks, Leo and Co. Tommie Davis on and on and on. oh those were the days lol.

Steve Spurrier was competing with Brodie-but bombed. Wasted 1st round pick-haha! Niners had a decent team that should have competed with the cowboys-but that damn WFL ripped apart some of the talent from our damn team and we went downhill after that.

Gene Washington, Wilcox, Nunley, Vanderbuilt, Ted Kwalick....

I remeber them well. The days when football was football.
An old prospector walks his tired old mule into a western town one day He'd been out in the desert for about six months without a drop of whiskey. He walked up to the first saloon he came to and tied his old mule to the hitch rail. As he stood there brushing some of the dust from his face and clothes, a young gunslinger walked out of the saloon with a gun in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other.The young gunslinger looked at the old man and laughed, saying, "Hey old man, have you ever danced?"The old man looked up at the gunslinger and said, "No,I never did dance. I just never wanted to."A crowd had gathered by then and the gunslinger said,"Well, you old fool, you're gonna' dance now," andstarted shooting at the old man' s feet. The old prospector was hopping a round and everybody was laughing. When the gunslinger fired his last bullet, he holstered his gun and turned around to go back into the saloon.The old man reached up on the mule, drew his shotgun, andpulled both hammers back making a double clicking sound. The gunslinger heard the sound and everything got quiet. The crowd watched as the gunslinger slowly turned around looking down both barrels of the shotgun. The old man asked, "Did you ever kiss a mule square on the ass?" The gunslinger swallowed hard and said, "No. But I've always wanted to."

The lessons from this story are:1. Don't waste ammunition.2. Don't mess with old guys.

Yup the old geezers are out tonight. Niners are looking good so far.
Originally posted by overthemiddle:
An old prospector walks his tired old mule into a western town one day He'd been out in the desert for about six months without a drop of whiskey. He walked up to the first saloon he came to and tied his old mule to the hitch rail. As he stood there brushing some of the dust from his face and clothes, a young gunslinger walked out of the saloon with a gun in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other.The young gunslinger looked at the old man and laughed, saying, "Hey old man, have you ever danced?"The old man looked up at the gunslinger and said, "No,I never did dance. I just never wanted to."A crowd had gathered by then and the gunslinger said,"Well, you old fool, you're gonna' dance now," andstarted shooting at the old man' s feet. The old prospector was hopping a round and everybody was laughing. When the gunslinger fired his last bullet, he holstered his gun and turned around to go back into the saloon.The old man reached up on the mule, drew his shotgun, andpulled both hammers back making a double clicking sound. The gunslinger heard the sound and everything got quiet. The crowd watched as the gunslinger slowly turned around looking down both barrels of the shotgun. The old man asked, "Did you ever kiss a mule square on the ass?" The gunslinger swallowed hard and said, "No. But I've always wanted to."

The lessons from this story are:1. Don't waste ammunition.2. Don't mess with old guys.

Yup the old geezers are out tonight. Niners are looking good so far.

I don't buy it. After reading posts from this site since 2005, I'd say 80% who post here are under 30.
Went to my first game at Kezar in 1960. Still a season ticket holder for many years. Oh, and It's amazing how many people have jumped on and off and on the bandwagon through those years. For those of you that have never jumped off the bandwagon, and you know who you are, big props to you.

Originally posted by gunslinger8:
I don't buy it. After reading posts from this site since 2005, I'd say 80% who post here are under 30.

My dad was stationed in California while in the Air Force. I was lucky enough to be born there. Both my parents are from the east coast, and Buffalo Bills fans . Moved us back after he got out. I was 4 when my dad took me to my first football game. He got tickets to a Niners game back in 1990. Think it was against the Redskins. Since that day I've been a die hard Niner fan. Even though it's not that easy following the team from the east cost.
My first real memory was halftime of Super Bowl XXIV, I was 10 years old and I went to my dad's friend's house to watch the game. The hype around the two best teams in the NFL facing eachother in the Super Bowl was sickening. Everyone thought it would be a shootout, and it was, but the Niners were the only one's shooting. By the half it was 27-3, Elway had one of the worst games of his career and I couldn't have been happier. We were all laughing through the 2nd half when we outscored Denver 28-7. It was Montana's last Super Bowl, his 3rd MVP, Rice had 3 TDs in a Super Bowl for the first time and 55 points were the most points scored in Super Bowl history. To this day the 89 team is my favorite alltime Niner team. Not to take anything away from Young and the 94 Niners, but Montana, Rice, Craig, Rathman, Lott, Haley, Keena, Wright, McKyer, Carter, Jones, the list goes on. Plus everytime I see those ugly white pants it ruins everything.
Since the 1981 for me. The first 49er game I watched was the NFC Championship game vs the Cowboys. I remember my dad said to follow this guy named Montana because he was going to be pretty good. Several years later I found out he was a Raider fan.lol. Who knew? I followed the 49ers through thick and thin since and I feel more passionate about the team this year than I ever have. Probably because the team hit the lowest of lows during the past 10 years. But we are on the rise once again!
1976 I was 5!
Share 49ersWebzone