There are 138 users in the forums

You have been a 49ers fan since...

Shop Find 49ers gear online

You have been a 49ers fan since...

Born and raised in " The City" a fan since coach Nolan ( father not idiot son )
my grandparents moved to San Bruno in 49 of all years , when I was 8 I had to pick a team (peer pressure grade school lol) since my name was Joe and I'm from Montana the choice was easy as soon as I knew the quarterbacks name .I guess you could say it was destiny
I've been a fan since '84. My families' had tickets since the mid 50's.
A fan since December 1964 when I went to Kezar with my stepdad and saw Jim Marshall run 68 yards the wrong way for a touchdown in what is now dubbed as the wrong way game--hence my WZ name "wrongway9erfan".
Since about 1965; just a young kid back then.
Raised in Palo Alto and saw my first game at Kezar in '58 when I was 12 - beat the Cards by 3 I think - and followed the 9ers on very limited TV and through the Sporting Green. Moved to NY in 62 and then it was near impossible to really follow anything west coast except in Sunday newspapers. Per my screen name, I am now split between NY and Florida and with the internet, the WebZone, and my son's "Sunday Ticket To Go" ID and password, I've had the pleasure of closely following the 9ers as they again begin their ascent. I hope that this is as magical as the 1994 season when I got to see about half the games at the Stick due to travel west...somehow got stuck in SF on the weekends the 9ers played and I could get tickets
79! Been loyal faithful and bleed Niners my whole life:-)
Committed 49er fan since '97, Mooch's rookie year. I would watch football here and there, remember pulling for the 49ers in the SB in 94. But 97 is when I became attached.
I remember becoming a fan in our loss to Atlanta in the NFC game. I'm 20. Last time I saw the niners win and be in a playoff game was probably the greatest football game I've ever seen in my life. You guessed it, the game versus the Giants. I was 11 at the time. I remember going outside to play football with my friends after the game, pretending to be Jeff Garcia, JJ Stokes, and TO. those were the days.

now it seems like we're finally back!

all those years of getting s**t for rooting for the 49ers.

I have a feeling ima start seeing all these "die-hard" niner fans soon. kinda how theres Colts and Patriot fans here in SoCal. kinda like that.
october 9th 2011

The first play that I remember was Eric Davis' pick six against the Cowboys in the 95 Championship game. I was 10 years old.
was born in 85 (same day we lost to the detroit lions ). Been a fan probably since i was 5 so about 1990.
was too young to care about football and sports in general in 94 when they last won the sb, but i remember beginning to following the 9ers religiously the yr they lost to the damn packers in the playoffs in gb in the mud. i remember pounding the floor after a horrible play thus beginning my gameday rants and celebrations LOL! i was in 4th or 5th grade that yr
Originally posted by wrongway9erfan:
A fan since December 1964 when I went to Kezar with my stepdad and saw Jim Marshall run 68 yards the wrong way for a touchdown in what is now dubbed as the wrong way game--hence my WZ name "wrongway9erfan".

Priceless
Share 49ersWebzone