There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

You have been a 49ers fan since...

You have been a 49ers fan since...

1970. J Brodie, G Washington, C Hardman, T Hart, D Wilcox, J Johnson, B Taylor...

Wonderful Cinderella team. Upset the heavily-favored Vikings on the road in the first round of the playoffs.

Made it all the way to the very first NFC Championship game...

I was 11 years old.
[ Edited by nw9erfan on Oct 21, 2011 at 6:30 PM ]
Around 1970, give or take a year either way. Somewhere around that time I was given the choice of becoming a Niners fan or entering an orphanage. The old fart raised me right.
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
Originally posted by 60sfan:
62 favorite player.......Abe Woodson
Quarterback.........John Brodie
Wide receiver.........Bernie Casey
Running Back .........JD Smith
DT.................Leo Nomolini

Interesting how most of the fans on this sight became fans during the front runner years.

Most people as old as we are can't use computers.

lol well sorry but i was from 96 all i can physically remember is the 2002 and onward era of terrible loved watching old game film though football has changed so much since 80s and 90s
Since 1976 (10 years old) .. I'm one of the 12% who was able to see the DYNASTY born (JUBILATION) and eventually die ( PAINFUL)
Originally posted by nw9erfan:
1970. J Brodie, G Washington, C Hardman, T Hart, D Wilcox, J Johnson, B Taylor...

Wonderful Cinderella team. Upset the heavily-favored Vikings on the road in the first round of the playoffs.

Made it all the way to the very first NFC Championship game...

I was 11 years old.

My first game was the year after that on a Monday Night against Kansas City. I was four so the memory is vague. I remember KC was good and we lost. We went on to again lose to Dallas in the NFC Title game.
I came to the U.S. from the PI in 1954 (12 years old). My step dad was a 49er's and Giants fan. Though I didn't understand a lot of it, he took us to a few of those games. So I guess you could say that I became a 49er's and Giants fan that year.

Some notable names I remember are: Y.A. Tittle, Joe (the Jet) Perry and Leo Nomalini.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Oct 21, 2011 at 7:09 PM ]
Born in '61, fan since '68. John Brodie was my first football hero.

The pain still exists from the playoff loss to the Dallas Cowboys when we were up by a couple of TD's with two minutes to play at the 'Stick...Preston Riley fumbling the onside kick...Staubach throwing the winning pass with seconds remaining.

The only time I've ever cried after a football game.

Of course, it did get better about 9 years later...
The middle of Friday night, any wonder why the geezers are out in force right now? ;)
I've been a fan since January 28, 1990. Nuff said.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
First game I watched fully was in person in Tampa in '97. That game Rice and Young got injured. Bad first game, but I haven't looked back since.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
The middle of Friday night, any wonder why the geezers are out in force right now? ;)
Just havin' some fun before we head out on the town with all the money us geezers make, big boy...

Since 85. I was 12.
[ Edited by WINiner on Oct 24, 2011 at 3:19 PM ]
Originally posted by RonMexico:

Fan of the original gold rush?
Originally posted by dcsham:
Just havin' some fun before we head out on the town with all the money us geezers make, big boy...

I'm a geezer on the East Coast. Just got in from doing that.
Originally posted by dcsham:

I'm a geezer on the East Coast. Just got in from doing that.