There are 141 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Media and the 49ers

Originally posted by kray28:
I don't know about you, but I'd rather be the Lakers of the NFL, not the Spurs.

the Celtics of the 60's ...now that was a powerful Juggernaut
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by kray28:
I don't know about you, but I'd rather be the Lakers of the NFL, not the Spurs.

the Celtics of the 60's ...now that was a powerful Juggernaut

or better yet ..the 49ERS OF THE 80'S
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Originally posted by kray28:
I don't know about you, but I'd rather be the Lakers of the NFL, not the Spurs.

the Celtics of the 60's ...now that was a powerful Juggernaut

or better yet ..the 49ERS OF THE 80'S
I vote for 49ERS OF THE 80's!!!
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Jerry Jones and America's team control the NFL media like the Cohn's control the Press Democrat

i have heard little on the cowboys so your theory doesn't work...

turning on espn all i hear is RG3, Peyton & the Jets
As Franklin Roosevelt once said about Republican opposition to his policies...."I welcome their hatred".

How does this relate to the Niners and national media? Whatever gives them more motivation to succeed is a good thing...

Cheers!
they loving us now

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000062155/article/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers-building-something-special?module=HP11_cp

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000062195/article/eagles-49ers-most-popular-teams-on-madden-nfl-13?module=HP11_content_stream
Time to kick them in the shins.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Jerry Jones and America's team control the NFL media like the Cohn's control the Press Democrat

i have heard little on the cowboys so your theory doesn't work...

turning on espn all i hear is RG3, Peyton & the Jets

I dont know what some of you have been watching, but I live in NY and Im hearing/seeing mad Niner love. No one has the gall (except Romanowski who made some anti-Smith comments) to talk negative about the Niners, and everyone is now claiming them the team to beat in the NFC. I think the reason why RGIII and Peyton are getting all the attention is because the sports world is more fascinated by individual accolades than team success. Its easier to do a piece on Peyton or RG than talk about the Niners offensive/defensive juggernaut.

I think Mark Kriegel summed it up best on NFL Network this morning: "What the Packers did to Chicago last night is more of a testament to just how good the Niners are [based on last week] than Chicago being a bad team."
Originally posted by mella8:
I dont know what some of you have been watching, but I live in NY and Im hearing/seeing mad Niner love. No one has the gall (except Romanowski who made some anti-Smith comments) to talk negative about the Niners, and everyone is now claiming them the team to beat in the NFC. I think the reason why RGIII and Peyton are getting all the attention is because the sports world is more fascinated by individual accolades than team success. Its easier to do a piece on Peyton or RG than talk about the Niners offensive/defensive juggernaut.

I think Mark Kriegel summed it up best on NFL Network this morning: "What the Packers did to Chicago last night is more of a testament to just how good the Niners are [based on last week] than Chicago being a bad team."



I think the ultimate was NFC Playbook. I really could care less about media attention, by Sterling Sharpe's comments as to why he would pick the Lions over the 49ers this week was pure comedy. He has three "solid" reasons. The Lions kicker (because Jason Hanson has been with the team 21 years), their linebackers, and the TE Brandon Pettigrew. Wow. The kicker, the linebackers, and the TE. He must think we have Mike Cofer, Hannibal Navies, Derek Smith (of 2005), and Billy Bajema back there.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think the ultimate was NFC Playbook. I really could care less about media attention, by Sterling Sharpe's comments as to why he would pick the Lions over the 49ers this week was pure comedy. He has three "solid" reasons. The Lions kicker (because Jason Hanson has been with the team 21 years), their linebackers, and the TE Brandon Pettigrew. Wow. The kicker, the linebackers, and the TE. He must think we have Mike Cofer, Hannibal Navies, Derek Smith (of 2005), and Billy Bajema back there.

Jose Cortez, Saleem Rasheed and Patrick Estes.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Jose Cortez, Saleem Rasheed and Patrick Estes.

Ouch.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think the ultimate was NFC Playbook. I really could care less about media attention, by Sterling Sharpe's comments as to why he would pick the Lions over the 49ers this week was pure comedy. He has three "solid" reasons. The Lions kicker (because Jason Hanson has been with the team 21 years), their linebackers, and the TE Brandon Pettigrew. Wow. The kicker, the linebackers, and the TE. He must think we have Mike Cofer, Hannibal Navies, Derek Smith (of 2005), and Billy Bajema back there.


Yeah, I saw that. The funny part is that he shows Pettigrew drop a TD pass, but goes onto say he like the Lions TEs because "they came to play" and that Pettigrew went back to the huddle and continued to play hard. WTF does that mean ?

Then he starts bragging about Hanson, and McNabb mentions Akers under his breath, and Sharpe tells him that this is his segment and that he didnt want to talk about Akers, only Hanson.

Weak argument IMO. Sterling is a Niner hater bc we owned the NFC along with the Cowboys during his tenure. I think he was on that GB team in 1990 when Montana stomped them into oblivion....
Originally posted by mella8:
I dont know what some of you have been watching, but I live in NY and Im hearing/seeing mad Niner love. No one has the gall (except Romanowski who made some anti-Smith comments) to talk negative about the Niners, and everyone is now claiming them the team to beat in the NFC. I think the reason why RGIII and Peyton are getting all the attention is because the sports world is more fascinated by individual accolades than team success. Its easier to do a piece on Peyton or RG than talk about the Niners offensive/defensive juggernaut.

I think Mark Kriegel summed it up best on NFL Network this morning: "What the Packers did to Chicago last night is more of a testament to just how good the Niners are [based on last week] than Chicago being a bad team."

Yup. They would rather suck a players cock and regurgitate the same information they steal from other news sources then do any film study or research about a team.