There are 250 users in the forums

Media and the 49ers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Time to kick them in the shins.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Jerry Jones and America's team control the NFL media like the Cohn's control the Press Democrat

i have heard little on the cowboys so your theory doesn't work...

turning on espn all i hear is RG3, Peyton & the Jets

I dont know what some of you have been watching, but I live in NY and Im hearing/seeing mad Niner love. No one has the gall (except Romanowski who made some anti-Smith comments) to talk negative about the Niners, and everyone is now claiming them the team to beat in the NFC. I think the reason why RGIII and Peyton are getting all the attention is because the sports world is more fascinated by individual accolades than team success. Its easier to do a piece on Peyton or RG than talk about the Niners offensive/defensive juggernaut.

I think Mark Kriegel summed it up best on NFL Network this morning: "What the Packers did to Chicago last night is more of a testament to just how good the Niners are [based on last week] than Chicago being a bad team."
Originally posted by mella8:
I dont know what some of you have been watching, but I live in NY and Im hearing/seeing mad Niner love. No one has the gall (except Romanowski who made some anti-Smith comments) to talk negative about the Niners, and everyone is now claiming them the team to beat in the NFC. I think the reason why RGIII and Peyton are getting all the attention is because the sports world is more fascinated by individual accolades than team success. Its easier to do a piece on Peyton or RG than talk about the Niners offensive/defensive juggernaut.

I think Mark Kriegel summed it up best on NFL Network this morning: "What the Packers did to Chicago last night is more of a testament to just how good the Niners are [based on last week] than Chicago being a bad team."

I think the ultimate was NFC Playbook. I really could care less about media attention, by Sterling Sharpe's comments as to why he would pick the Lions over the 49ers this week was pure comedy. He has three "solid" reasons. The Lions kicker (because Jason Hanson has been with the team 21 years), their linebackers, and the TE Brandon Pettigrew. Wow. The kicker, the linebackers, and the TE. He must think we have Mike Cofer, Hannibal Navies, Derek Smith (of 2005), and Billy Bajema back there.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I think the ultimate was NFC Playbook. I really could care less about media attention, by Sterling Sharpe's comments as to why he would pick the Lions over the 49ers this week was pure comedy. He has three "solid" reasons. The Lions kicker (because Jason Hanson has been with the team 21 years), their linebackers, and the TE Brandon Pettigrew. Wow. The kicker, the linebackers, and the TE. He must think we have Mike Cofer, Hannibal Navies, Derek Smith (of 2005), and Billy Bajema back there.

Jose Cortez, Saleem Rasheed and Patrick Estes.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Ouch.

Yeah, I saw that. The funny part is that he shows Pettigrew drop a TD pass, but goes onto say he like the Lions TEs because "they came to play" and that Pettigrew went back to the huddle and continued to play hard. WTF does that mean ?

Then he starts bragging about Hanson, and McNabb mentions Akers under his breath, and Sharpe tells him that this is his segment and that he didnt want to talk about Akers, only Hanson.

Weak argument IMO. Sterling is a Niner hater bc we owned the NFC along with the Cowboys during his tenure. I think he was on that GB team in 1990 when Montana stomped them into oblivion....

Yup. They would rather suck a players cock and regurgitate the same information they steal from other news sources then do any film study or research about a team.

lol i remeber on madden throwing 70 yd bombs to Estes cause i moved him to TE

Hey now. I went to high school with Patrick Estes

I still don't think 49er fans realize just how big that win in Green Bay was.
Season Outlook:

The San Francisco 49ers stay atop the power rankings after a second straight win against a 2011 playoff team.

The Green Bay Packers couldn't move the ball against the 49ers' defense, and neither could the Detroit Lions. Holding the powerful Lions' offense to field goals just goes to show the sheer might of the San Francisco defense. If Green Bay and Detroit can't score on the 49ers, who can?

What's more terrifying for opponents is that the San Francisco offense is much better this year. Michael Crabtree is playing like the Top 10 draft pick the team spent on him. Frank Gore and Kendall Hunter are a dynamic duo at the running back position and Vernon Davis provides the spark as a game-changing tight end.

The 49ers might not go undefeated, but they are undoubtedly the team to beat right now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1336537-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-rank-after-week-2/page/33
Deion.......#1
Michael....#1
Marshall...#1
#1 deal with it
Share 49ersWebzone