LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

The, It's time to eat some crow thread.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
I'm so glad during draft night I felt like Aldon would be a pretty good pick, but I was skeptical because he was picked high and no one projected him to be even near that spot. Like I always told myself, never ever listen to these morons on TV... There's only a few analyst that know what their talking about and those are the only guys I'll listen to! But man am I HAPPY Aldon panned out.

I had a huge argument over Gore during the first 2 games with a couple buds, saying Gore is washed up and I told them all Gore was a boss and he'll be back, I ended up trading CAM Newton (picked up in FA) for Gore after week 2... Guess people were convinced he was done.

About Alex, I was always pissed we passed up on Rodgers.. my brothers a huge Packer fan so it sucked watching the 9eers get Smith... but I never thought he was put into the position to succeed and I`m glad he`s got it now|

In the offseason my only concern was losing Franklin, I didn`t know Ray and Soap were that good, and thought Brooks and Harylson weren`t going to produce without Franklin up there...

I was stoked to see Spikes, Clements and Lawson leave, I didn`t like those guys, I`m happy Bowman got a run, and now him and Willis are the best ILB duo in the damn league!
[ Edited by BROWN on Oct 17, 2011 at 2:48 PM ]
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I thought we'd go 8-8 so I deserve some crow for that, but I deserve an even bigger plate because of our defense.

-I wasn't impressed by Bowman last year, and thought he was a downgrade from Spikes. He ended up being a stud and has been one of the best ILBs in the league this year.

-I thought McDonald replacing Sop was a lateral move, but I was wrong. He's played top notch 3-4 DE for us.

-I thought Franklin to Sop was a dropoff. It's turned out to be a lateral move at worst.

-Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I viewed Fangio as an NFL retread who was a clear drop from Manusky. He's been terrific.

I'm always cautiously optimistic at the beginning of a season, but this defense has far exceeded my greatest expectations. The pass rush went from below average to amazing, which significantly improved our db play.
Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by English:
P.S. "Be patient, we have a plan". The great plan revealed was the loss of Franklin, Lawson, Baas, Clements, Spikes, and the acquisition of Carlos Rogers, Braylon Edwards, Donte Whitner, Madieu Williams, Jonathan Goodwin, Now, that, my friends, is greatness.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Aug 12, 2011 at 08:13:54 ]

Well, he was right. Amazing call.

You know what sucks? If Maddog really loved this team, he would man up and eat crow so he can enjoy this victorious moment. Instead, he would rather celebrate alone (if at all), rather than admit his mistakes. I always thought he was very knowledgable even if I didn't always agree, but I'm losing a lot of respect for him with every game that passes. I understand some of you want to rub it in his face, personally I dont agree with that. However, I just want him to admit he was wrong and join the party. Its the only logical thing to do.

Good luck with that. Been a member of this site since 2006 and I have NEVER seen the angry one admit he's wrong. NOT ONCE.

That's only 5 years. He probably hasn't been wrong in the last 5 years!
LOL. I think you missed the spirit of this thread, BROWN.
LOL. I think you missed the spirit of this thread, BROWN.
I predicted that we would loose to the Eagles and the Lions and that we would be 3-3 at the bye. I will eat my fair share of crow for doubting.

This team has improved every week up to this point. If they can keep that up, we could be super-bowl contenders. Oh yeah, clean up the sloppy penalties, get Edwards back in the starting lineup, and keep our key guys healthy and we could be on our way.
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
I was trying to find a board to talk about the 9ers.. I'm an active Warriors guy, thought I'd chime in on how I feel about the season!
I thought the Niners would struggle but I never expressed my opinion on it. When the Niners beat the hawks I thought to myself, enjoy the win, it may be the only one this season. But since I didn't open my mouth I won't be eating any crow
Originally posted by BROWN:
I was trying to find a board to talk about the 9ers.. I'm an active Warriors guy, thought I'd chime in on how I feel about the season!

Welcome to the board.

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Paging MadDog, 49erswebzone paging MadDog. Your table and crow is ready, hope you're hungry.

Page Jeff Kaplan while you 're at it.

I ate crow over aldon smith in the preseason when I saw him constantly using his arms to overpower O tackles to get to the qb. After the late free agent moves, I changed my prediction from 6 wins to 7 or 8. I'll eat crow on that now as well as my thinking that culliver was another one of our mid round throw away picks.
I predicted 6-10. I didn't think we would be able to grasp the offense as quickly as we have. I also didn't expect this level of production from Alex. So let me get to eating my crow...

mmmmm tastes oh so good. Being wrong never felt so good.
Hell the way Harbaugh talked about Alex Smith today I'd almost thing he's worried this thing is gonna fall apart.

To be honest.....

I don't know. I'm trying to keep a positive mind about this.

Any time the real Alex rears his head though.....
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Hell the way Harbaugh talked about Alex Smith today I'd almost thing he's worried this thing is gonna fall apart.

To be honest.....

I think you're reading too much into it.

Although, maybe it's a little kick in the pants message to Alex Smith. That's always possible.

You've also got to remember that Alex is now missing two of his front line receivers in Morgan and Edwards.

Now, that doesn't explain away his overthrowing problem from yesterday. But to say it isn't playing some sort of a role would be just as wrong.

Still, as the season moves on? I bet we see more Kaep.

Fine with me
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

To be honest.....

I think you're reading too much into it.

Although, maybe it's a little kick in the pants message to Alex Smith. That's always possible.

You've also got to remember that Alex is now missing two of his front line receivers in Morgan and Edwards.

Now, that doesn't explain away his overthrowing problem from yesterday. But to say it isn't playing some sort of a role would be just as wrong.

Still, as the season moves on? I bet we see more Kaep.

Fine with me

Colin Cowherd (an idiot, I know) went into great detail this morning about how Jason Garrett ran three straight running plays on Dallas' last offensive drive yesterday as part of an effort to protect Tony Romo, who's confidence has been beaten senseless this season. Not risking exposing Romo to another game-losing interception, yadda yadda.

Yet, I got that same feeling yesterday when Harbaugh elected to go for that final field goal, instead of throwing for a first down to run out the clock, or even a touchdown to finish the game. As though he felt he got really really lucky putting the game in Alex's hands on the Walker TD, but there was no way he was going to risk doing that again.

Again, keeping my fingers crossed tight this works out. It will be an interesting two weeks of discussion though. Plenty of second thoughts to be expressed all over the media.
[ Edited by zillabeast on Oct 17, 2011 at 4:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone