LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 158 users in the forums

The, It's time to eat some crow thread.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well, I predicted 8-8 because to be honest, with the lockout and us having a new coaching staff on both sides of the ball made me think this could be a difficult transition for the team. On the other hand, all other teams had the same short offseason, we still had our weak NFC West division and my final analysis boiled down to: "I have no frikkin clue what to think of this season, I could as well flip a coin for each game" and since coin-flip would give a 50% win probability, 8-8 sounded about right

Now I am very excited to say I hope I can eat a big, fat crow on my prediction as early as week 11 after the Cardinals game (that would mathematically be the earliest we could get to 9 wins and shatter my prediction entirely )
Originally posted by IWasWrongRubber:
Originally posted by KDTMDSFC:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/156102-pymwymi-2011-2012-edition-year/

Hey! What about me! Where's the love? I even changed my name!

Who did you used to be anyway?
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I predicted a 6-10 season, so I am eating crow as well. I didn't think there was any possibility of JH changing the team around so quickly with limited offseason. And let's face it, they looked really bad in the preseason.
These folks are looking good!

11-5
g60nx
Snider8706
SixtyMins
toeknee
80849er4life
adacosta24
goodthings19

12-4
dwett
HessianDud
9erVillain
Originally posted by NickSh49:

BillBird, I think, then "Imanalexsexualover" for a couple of days..
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Correct!
I predicted between 9 and 11 wins, now it could be more!
I predicted 6-10 and was on Harbaugh's case big time after the "points on the board" silliness in the Dallas game (still think it was the wrong decision) and the "not challenging the Crabtree out of bounds ruling" in the Cincinnati one. I wanted us to hire Billick and not spend 25 million on a college coach.

I am delighted to have been proven wrong so far and will be even more delighted if I keep being proven wrong. So happy in fact that I am making preliminary inquiries on flights and hotels in SF for the first couple of weeks of January (I live in London but I'm not missing watching us host a playoff game for anything).
Awesome thread! I wished for 8-8 and was hoping for 7-9. This season has been f**king great man....

It's a great time to be a part of the webzone, great time to be a Niner fan and damn the air tastes goooood!!
Originally posted by oldninerdude:

Correct!
Prize? ????

I said 6-10. I'll take some too.
The 49ers are 5-1 for the first time since 1998. They're also 3-0 on the road for the first time since 1992!
i said 16-0
My prediction was 10-6 so I have a chance to still eat Turkey for thanksgiving rather than crow, but I would like to reserve a table for late November or early December...with a nice chianti please.

Edit: Perhaps for the benefit of my soul I should admit that I was not happy they took Aldon over Quinn. An hors d' oeuvres of crow please!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Oct 17, 2011 at 2:32 PM ]
I thought we'd go 8-8 so I deserve some crow for that, but I deserve an even bigger plate because of our defense.

-I wasn't impressed by Bowman last year, and thought he was a downgrade from Spikes. He ended up being a stud and has been one of the best ILBs in the league this year.

-I thought McDonald replacing Sop was a lateral move, but I was wrong. He's played top notch 3-4 DE for us.

-I thought Franklin to Sop was a dropoff. It's turned out to be a lateral move at worst.

-Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I viewed Fangio as an NFL retread who was a clear drop from Manusky. He's been terrific.
Share 49ersWebzone