There are 162 users in the forums

The, It's time to eat some crow thread.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I predicted 9-7 in that thread but not because I thought we would be bad really, just because I thought we would have to start out slow no matter what because of the offseason/new coach.

In other threads I had mentioned how I didn't know much about a few of our draft picks, FA acquisitions but I had faith in Harbaugh.

The drafting of Culliver, faith.
Aldon Smith, faith
Converting Bruce Miller to fullback, faith
Picking up Carlos Rogers, faith.

So i'll eat crow but just a little bit :P
is there a post where you guys pick which games we were going to win and lose?
I predicted 10-6 for this team for the last .... 5-6 years... Gave up at the start of this year... Now they are 10-2.

My 10-6 could still happen.
Originally posted by valrod33:
I think i picked 9-7 then changed it to 10-6 either way it looks like im gonna be wrong too

You are not wrong, just somewhat off. Of course I say this cause I thought the exact samething. At least I believed in a winning season .
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by fly15:
I predicted 4-12 record. I was wrong.
Aldon Smith, I was wrong.

Alex Smith, I was....... thats a different story

I call bet welching...

Is that a bannable offense?
I think I said something like 9-7 or 10-6. I'm still not buying Alex. I've been hating on Alex for a few years now. He had a great game yesterday and I hope he puts up similar performances the rest of this year. I'm not buying into Alex, yet. I also didn't say anything negative about any one individual (except alex) at the beginning of this season but I think Frank either will split more time with another RB next year or he will not be starting. I love Frank to death but he is really slowing down.

I will eat crow because I did not think this team would be good enough to put up this type of season. I have to give alex credit for that. His play has made it possible for the team to have this record.
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
No crow for me. Been sticking up for this team through the grim and gritty. Was even hanging on to Nowin's and Sing's balls until the last second when I could hang on no longer. I was in no danger of falling off of Alex's balls though as he reached down and lent me a hand to firm ground. He had no where to go but up once he committed to Harbaugh and co.

I'm always going to pick em to win the west. Let's not all get crazy and let down though if something drastic happens like a major injury or we get bounced in the 1st round :P

Trust me Nowin and Mike Singlebraincell fooled us all at sum point especially with there 8-8 seasons and false bravado, but we are back baby WOOT!!!!
Some EATING CROW moments for me.....

I liked the Taylor Mays pick......WOW what a disaster.
I thought we should have kept Baas, but glad we have Goodwin. I think he's helped out the line a lot.
i also thought Spikes was going to be a loss. I thought Spikes played great for us and he helped Willis turn it up a notch. But Bowman is looking like Baalkes best pick last year in the draft.

I had always like Dashon and I thought he was gone, and this year he has taken his game up a level for sure. (Whitner still makes a lot of the Calls for the secondary which has probably helped him.)

Overall, the Niners are having an amazing year this year. It's special. It's not 81 because the 49ers had never been there before, but it's close. Our team can do some damage. It's not perfect but Harbaugh and staff are a very creative bunch.

Even in our great years, it's hard to think of a time when we have a team that is so balanced. Our special teams are the best in the league, and the defense is top 3, and offense is coming together.

In 81, our offense was not very good individually and what Walsh did was create a new passing system, and they ran it well. We also kicked a ton of field goals in that year (Akers has kicked longer field goals) and the defense carried the team. Special teams on returns wasn't very good. My point is that we probably have more overall talent on the current team than in 81, but we also had three hall of famers on that team, so maybe that makes up for that.

Back to the present, if the offense can open up in the last four games, we can be really humming when we make it to the playoffs hopefully with a 1st round bye. I loved the big plays in the game against the rams. Obviously, the Rams aren't good, but the pass to Crab was awesome and the move by Kyle Williams would work on a lot of teams. I agree that we need more Kyle Williams. I think Ted Ginn is looking better too. If Braylon can get healthy and come back strong. I think that would be great for us.
I thoght we'd finish between 7-9 and 9-7. Never dreamed of being 10-2. I still think we are not quite the elite team as the Packers, Patriots and Saints are but we are getting close. I did have faith in Baalke and Jed York though but that's just in my nature to have faith in individuals until they prove me otherwise.

Baalke's draft this past year was unbelievable. The only pick i was really surprised at was the Culliver pick.

We are better than the Patriots. I think on our turf we beat the Saints. GB would be a battle.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I predicted 10-6 for this team for the last .... 5-6 years... Gave up at the start of this year... Now they are 10-2.

But, it won't. You might as well start eating.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

But, it won't. You might as well start eating.

I'm eat'n crow all the way to the Super Bowl!
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Throughout the off-season, and through the first few weeks of the season many people were still down on many different aspects of this team. Frank Gore is done, he's not trying anymore. Jim Harbaugh can't coach, his decisions are terrible. Alex Smith will never be able to take this team anywhere, we should just cut out losses. We're going to go 0-6 before the by, or maybe we only win 1 game against Seattle and lost the next 5. There's no way we can do this, there's no way we can do that. It's time for some people to step up and put a little crow in their mouth.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the rest of this season and what the 49ers can really do! Clean up the penalties, some of the dropped balls, and get Edwards back. This could be one hell of a team, we could be watching history in the making! LET'S GO NINERS!!!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/156102-pymwymi-2011-2012-edition-year/

we have not accomplished anything yet Dude what we won the west? , the s**tty west lets win a couple of games in the playoffs then talk s**t !
[ Edited by cNiner on Dec 6, 2011 at 8:31 AM ]
Originally posted by cNiner:
we have not accomplished anything yet Dude what we won the west? , the s**tty west lets win a couple of games in the playoffs then talk s**t !

Really C? Nothing yet?

My Niner Bro, some perspective here, please.

Over the last nine years, we have been out of the playoffs, that's nine years. Many have been saying since 2005, that all we need is the right coach. Nolan and Singletary were not it and they failed to "finish" each season, it was a tease and upsetting. Finally, we have a coach and his staff who can bring the magic. They did.

So yea, it's time to eat frickin' crow to those who dogged their own owners, coaches, and players when the evidence was there this year while we were doing well and winning games, always not enough. It's not just playing Sea, AZ and the hapless Rams. It's the comebacks. It's winning. It's not allowing a 100 yd rusher or a rushing TD. It's having a 9.5 sack master at this point. It's having a passing game. It's having a kicker nailing 50+ FGs. It's Lee being Lee. It's FINALLY winning in this God awful NFC West. It's this entire season, not just playing in the West.

C'mon man!

We CAN talk s**t and deserve to, too. Don't know what your idea of being a fan is, but not celebrating or even giving a "condition" to this "milestone" is ludicrous and down right wrong. You have to wait to see if your (our) Niners BEATS someone in the playoffs? Getting there is not enough?

We're fans, not players. That win at home was for US. We are back and it's our first year with Harbaugh so the future is bright. So why the negativity? The team is focused on the bigger prize and will do their best to get there.

Just don't frickin' minimize or belittle these encouraging and down right awesome times because some of you are being called out. Nobody gave us credit to be able to anything this year including some of you on the "Zone" especially on Alex. Hell, Fly still won't let go.

Get over it, guys. Enjoy it. IF you can't, then that is truly sad and that's on you.

Just stop trying to crap on other Bro's parade. That's just F'd up. Let them eat cake.

Crow has been served. So...

Everything else that happens from here on out, my Bros is FRICKIN' GRAVY!!!! Now, bring out the rolls 'cause it's time to sop up that yummy goodness!!!!

Just sit back and enjoy the rest of the party with us.

Go Niners!!!!
Originally posted by ninertico:
Really C? Nothing yet?

My Niner Bro, some perspective here, please.

Over the last nine years, we have been out of the playoffs, that's nine years. Many have been saying since 2005, that all we need is the right coach. Nolan and Singletary were not it and they failed to "finish" each season, it was a tease and upsetting. Finally, we have a coach and his staff who can bring the magic. They did.

So yea, it's time to eat frickin' crow to those who dogged their own owners, coaches, and players when the evidence was there this year while we were doing well and winning games, always not enough. It's not just playing Sea, AZ and the hapless Rams. It's the comebacks. It's winning. It's not allowing a 100 yd rusher or a rushing TD. It's having a 9.5 sack master at this point. It's having a passing game. It's having a kicker nailing 50+ FGs. It's Lee being Lee. It's FINALLY winning in this God awful NFC West. It's this entire season, not just playing in the West.

C'mon man!

We CAN talk s**t and deserve to, too. Don't know what your idea of being a fan is, but not celebrating or even giving a "condition" to this "milestone" is ludicrous and down right wrong. You have to wait to see if your (our) Niners BEATS someone in the playoffs? Getting there is not enough?

We're fans, not players. That win at home was for US. We are back and it's our first year with Harbaugh so the future is bright. So why the negativity? The team is focused on the bigger prize and will do their best to get there.

Just don't frickin' minimize or belittle these encouraging and down right awesome times because some of you are being called out. Nobody gave us credit to be able to anything this year including some of you on the "Zone" especially on Alex. Hell, Fly still won't let go.

Get over it, guys. Enjoy it. IF you can't, then that is truly sad and that's on you.

Just stop trying to crap on other Bro's parade. That's just F'd up. Let them eat cake.

Crow has been served. So...

Everything else that happens from here on out, my Bros is FRICKIN' GRAVY!!!! Now, bring out the rolls 'cause it's time to sop up that yummy goodness!!!!

Just sit back and enjoy the rest of the party with us.

Go Niners!!!!

I wish you posted more... but when you do, it's all GRAVY!!!!

Keep it comin' Tico!

GO NINERS!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone