LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

Akers appreciation thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We're 10-2 if Akers doesn't miss against the Rams.

Thanks...I would have been fine without realizing that.

11-1 actually because he missed an even closer field goal in the first game as well.

Edit....your math is off.

That it was, my apologies. I guess I repressed that memory of the loss to the Vikings...
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 3, 2012 at 12:04 AM ]
This man is a liability. Will cost us more gAmes
Cut heeeem!!!
Time to cancel this thread. Clearly the magic is gone for Akers, who had perhaps the finest season of any Niners kicker last year,

That said I don't think it's a matter of choking as it was for Billy Cundiff in Baltimore and Washington. He did hit the 63 yarder this year. Hopefully he's pull out of the slump soon. I don't think it's realistic to cut him now there just aren't many options out there midseason. The guys who are available there's a reason why they are available.
Is the guy ok though? Surely you cant go from penthouse to the s**t house in a blink of an eye. he looks like hes carrying the world on his shoulders. It has to be something non football related the reason hes missing these kicks he would usually make.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Is the guy ok though? Surely you cant go from penthouse to the s**t house in a blink of an eye. he looks like hes carrying the world on his shoulders. It has to be something non football related the reason hes missing these kicks he would usually make.

Doesn't one of his kids have leukemia or something?
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by ace49ers:

Doesn't one of his kids have leukemia or something?

Right before he left Philly, one of his kids was going through surgery or something. It made him unfocused there and eventually led to him being released by the team.
Share 49ersWebzone