LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Akers appreciation thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I dont know what the answer is this year but the Niners have at least 11 picks in the draft and should use on on a kicker. Dustin Hopkins of Florida St. would be a good 6th rd pick
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
JEFF REED, bring him back NAO

Seriously, work him out. He wasn't bad when he was with us. Akers wont be able to turn it around THIS year. When a kickers head is f**ked, it just cant be turned around that quick.
Here's how you fix his head...

Make him practice kicks with practice squad defenders flying towards him unabated from 5 yds beyond the los. every miss they get a 1 yd head start.

that will fix his focus
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
i cant vouch for that guy anymore.............Bring in Nate Kaeding if hes healthy

Kaeding sucks! I'd rather have Akers.

Akers' confidence is shot right now, a fresh start might be good for the team. Akers simply cannot be counted on in the clutch anymore.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
i cant vouch for that guy anymore.............Bring in Nate Kaeding if hes healthy

Akers' confidence is shot right now, a fresh start might be good for the team. Akers simply cannot be counted on in the clutch anymore.

Both are terrible in clutch situations. (Kaeding historically and Akers as of late)
We can't take Akers into the playoffs
Originally posted by BringBackTO:

Both are terrible in clutch situations. (Kaeding historically and Akers as of late)

Maybe but there isn't much out there right now and we are not looking good with Akers at the helm heading into the most important time of the year. If we had 2011 Akers then we get two wins back on the board and are looking great right now for a bye week but as it stands, thats not the case so I think all options should be considered and maybe some time away from the game this year has ignited some fire in Kaeding, who knows.
He should be gone. End of story.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We're 10-2 if Akers doesn't miss against the Rams.

Thanks...I would have been fine without realizing that.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:

11-1 actually because he missed an even closer field goal in the first game as well.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:

11-1 actually because he missed an even closer field goal in the first game as well.

Edit....your math is off.
[ Edited by Allx9er on Dec 2, 2012 at 8:21 PM ]

How many more games does this clown have to squander before we release this dude. But then again who is out there.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
How many more games does this clown have to squander before we release this dude. But then again who is out there.

I know kickers don't just grow on trees but theres gotta be somebody out there that can get the job done because he sure as hell isn't. I cringe when he is asked to kick freakin 30 yard chip shots and when he's goin from 40+ I just chalk it up as a turnover on downs. Dudes been plain horrible this year.

Say what you want about crappy play calling and QB play (wich was very bad) but with all that if our Kicker just does his damn job we win both those games.

Pitiful.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:

I know kickers don't just grow on trees but theres gotta be somebody out there that can get the job done because he sure as hell isn't. I cringe when he is asked to kick freakin 30 yard chip shots and when he's goin from 40+ I just chalk it up as a turnover on downs. Dudes been plain horrible this year.

Say what you want about crappy play calling and QB play (wich was very bad) but with all that if our Kicker just does his damn job we win both those games.

Pitiful.

Are we back to the days of Cortez ?
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
We can't take Akers into the playoffs

I second this. A close game vs. Eli Manning or Aaron Rodgers and we are toast. This guy will miss every FG. A close, hard fought game and we are absolutely finished.
Share 49ersWebzone