There are 507 users in the forums

Akers appreciation thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
2 missed game winning fgs...b******t!
Double post.
[ Edited by niners94 on Dec 2, 2012 at 2:09 PM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Draft Dustin Hopkins!!!!!! Akers is gone, whether its by his choice or ours, there will be a new kicker in the red and gold next season!
At this point it is getting so bad that I'm ready for Nate Keading. Keading sucks so bad he misses every clutch FG with pressure. But honestly I think he is better than this. It's ironic the year where he had a 63 yarder he had a massive decline to this level. I just can't trust him anymore regular season or playoffs. I'd take my chances with somebody else now for the rest of the year including the playoffs. Akers will cost us. We can't keep doing this. It's gotten to rediculous levels.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 2, 2012 at 2:06 PM ]
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 2, 2012 at 2:05 PM ]
Akers will find his rhythm back. Give him another game. He's a very talented kicker.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
At this point it is getting so bad that I'm ready for Nate Keading. Keading sucks so bad he misses every clutch FG with pressure. But honestly I think he is better than this. It's ironic the year where he had a 63 yarder he had a massive decline to this level. I just can't trust him anymore regular season or playoffs. I'd take my chances with somebody else now for the rest of the year including the playoffs. Akers will cost us. We can't keep doing this. It's gottent to rediculous levels.

Yep, agreed 100%. This team is already at ten wins and on their way to another first round bye if he can just hit a kick to beat the Rams. The conservative offense relies on a consistent kicker and he is not doing that so the combination of the two is killing our team's chances.
Originally posted by ninermedic:
Originally posted by lamontb:
yea he needs to be cut. he could have won both of these games. He is directly responsible for 2 L's

1 L/ 1 T but yeah. inexcusable
right that was a tie
Akers was responsible for several wins last year. He's now costing us. I don't know if you can really hang onto him anymore.
Jose Cortez is available

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
At this point it is getting so bad that I'm ready for Nate Keading. Keading sucks so bad he misses every clutch FG with pressure. But honestly I think he is better than this. It's ironic the year where he had a 63 yarder he had a massive decline to this level. I just can't trust him anymore regular season or playoffs. I'd take my chances with somebody else now for the rest of the year including the playoffs. Akers will cost us. We can't keep doing this. It's gottent to rediculous levels.

Yep, agreed 100%. This team is already at ten wins and on their way to another first round bye if he can just hit a kick to beat the Rams. The conservative offense relies on a consistent kicker and he is not doing that so the combination of the two is killing our team's chances.

Yup. 10 wins without Akers and having a different reliable kicker.
At this point it is getting so bad that I'm ready for Nate Keading. Keading sucks so bad he misses every clutch FG with pressure. But honestly I think he is better than this. It's ironic the year where he had a 63 yarder he had a massive decline to this level. I just can't trust him anymore regular season or playoffs. I'd take my chances with somebody else now for the rest of the year including the playoffs. Akers will cost us. We can't keep doing this. It's gotten to rediculous levels.
Nate or Akers?
Nate or Akers?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Draft Dustin Hopkins!!!!!! Akers is gone, whether its by his choice or ours, there will be a new kicker in the red and gold next season!
JEFF REED, bring him back NAO
Share 49ersWebzone