There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Morgan Replacement Options

Morgan Replacement Options

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Zeigler seems to be the better option. He knows the system/playbook, is familiar with Alex (and visa versa), isn't going to moan or b***h about being the 4th WR (or 5th when Edwards returns) and can add value on special teams. Housh brings none of this.

I like the Ziggy thought too , he does already know the system , but I do question his run blocking a bit. I think who ever we bring in will be for depth mainly and Ginn and Williams will be the next go to guys along with our TE's.

Hey , Ghost where have you been ? Glad to see your post.
[ Edited by 49ERwhiner on Oct 11, 2011 at 10:44 AM ]
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Lets throw out timing. Lets throw out training camp and preseason. In your perfect world you could put a team full of all stars together every week and they could beat a superbowl champion if they get the right game plan. Gotcha. Team chemistry is way overrated!

Timing is key but look at Crabtree, his "timing" sucks. I think route running has more to do with timing than anything and Crabtree isn't running the best routes. TJ is an experienced veteran and seems to understand route running or he wouldn't have the career he's had.

Alex has also been fortunate to have great play design that has the receivers getting comfortably open.
[ Edited by Joecool on Oct 11, 2011 at 10:31 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Welcome back Joe - we missed ye!

Not sure how to take this.
Bring back Jerry Rice Im sure he can still be a good possession receiver.
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
Source: Veteran WR T.J. Houshmandzadeah to work out for 49ers today. bit.ly/mR6AdL

CHAMPIONSHIP
I'd sign him. He's a very similar receiver to Morgan.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
For those who say TJ sucked last year obviously did not watch the game. I live here in bmore and he didn't suck. He wanted the ball more which lead to some complaints but for me, I don't have a problem with that. The problem with the ravens and him was his game is similar to Bolden and Mason so they wanted to add wr's to stretch the field (thus the drafting of T. Smith and the trade for L. Evans) and open up the middle for Bolden. TJ will be a fine replacement for Morgan.
LeBron James for the duration of the NBA lockout
Originally posted by susweel:
Bring back Jerry Rice Im sure he can still be a good possession receiver.

It's like you read my mind
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by valrod33:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco
Source: Veteran WR T.J. Houshmandzadeah to work out for 49ers today. bit.ly/mR6AdL

CHAMPIONSHIP
I'd sign him. He's a very similar receiver to Morgan.
Insight into the Seachickens, Ravens +2
Sign T.J.Houshmandzadeah we got Crabtree when Edware comes back from his injury.WE ARE SET!
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Rather have T.O. I think he would buy into and respect Jim and his system, and at this point in his career T.O. is much more mature. Think about it... Braylon, Crabs, T.O., Vernon, D-Love, and Morgan?!

T.O. apparently took a fistful of pills and went to the the E.R. yesterday. Cops were called and the whole nine....so no thanks.

Housh if he has an gas left might be ideal. You may have to bring up a Practice squad guy for this week to get through the Lions game, but after our week off we could come back with Crabs and Braylon on the outside and Housh in the slot. As far as big bodies that can wall off a corner and move the chains you could do a whole lot worse. Housh has plenty good hands and the route running intelligence to get the job done.
here to eat my crow.

Seriously thought it wasn't even going to be a thought to just bring Z in. I wouldn't hate T.J. ... reliable 3rd down receivers are invaluable.
Next man up, if you go in a straight line, is Hastings. He beat out Zeigler, Long, Jurovich, etc for a PS spot. He has been practcing week-in and week-out with this squad, attending meetings, and absorbing the coaching philosophy. Hastings isn't as well known to fans, as some other names, but obviously, the coaches value him over some of the other names being mentioned.

It seems to me that much depends on what the club really believes about Edwards availability forn Game 7. His availability for that game, or for succeeding games, does not seem like a sure thing to me. If the club ius confident about Edwards return on the proposed schedule, then a 1-game replacement by Hastings seems like a no-brainer. If Edwards looks to be out longer, that might slant things more toward Reuland.

TJH needs to go back to the couch. No way that this guy (or any outsider) can be ready to go full-bore in the Niner scheme within the next 36 hours. Major contribution of this #4 WR player is (1) practice body to fill out the offense reps, (2) injury insurance for the Detroit game, (3) ability to block and avoid penalties if pressed into action in Game 6.

Feels like Hastings, as I see it..
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JD9671:
Sign T.J.Houshmandzadeah we got Crabtree when Edware comes back from his injury.WE ARE SET!

I'll bet you a nickle we sign him.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/houshmandzadeh-gets-a-look-see-in-san-fran/
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home