There are 147 users in the forums

Morgan Replacement Options

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Morgan Replacement Options

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
SEA: 79 catches for 911 yards
BAL: 30 catches for 398 yards (started only 2 games)

What are you guys talking about when saying this guy wasn't good?

Im not saying he wasnt a good player. Im just wondering how some people are saying he's an upgrade over Morgan.

I personally think Morgan is slightly better than Housh. near Housh's level but Housh is still better primarily due to experience and overall consistency at a high level.

That would be awesome if he plays. We gotta get the home crowd to do a loud to silent "Hooooooooouuuu!------sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

So josh morgan knows the entire playbook, has gone through training camp and preseason, has timing down with alex smith, and you expect a guy who was sitting on the couch to come in and do well? Dont get your hopes up.
TJ Whosegotitbetterthanwedo.

"Yo Momma!"
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
jurovich pls

I was rooting for him this preseason being from VCHS, but during gametime he just wasnt putting it together. Who knows how it all plays out though
Trade for guys who may be disgruntled with their current teams.

Bernard Berrian or Derrick Mason.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
jurovich pls

Joe Jurevicius pls

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I don't know why we are bringing this dude in, try out some younger guy who could be a hidden gem.

I agree, anyone got a list, would love to see who's out there.
Man, how bad was Rojo that he's not even getting a tryout.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Hes on the Eagles PS.

He's on Phillys practice squad.

Anyone know the story with TJ and why he wasnt signed this offseason?
The dude's not even close to being in football shape so I don't think they're bringing him to start on Sunday. But if they do sign him, he'll have the bye week to get ready for Cleveland and becomes a nice option to go with a 4 WR set with Edwards, Ginn and Crabtree.

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
SEA: 79 catches for 911 yards
BAL: 30 catches for 398 yards (started only 2 games)

What are you guys talking about when saying this guy wasn't good?

Im not saying he wasnt a good player. Im just wondering how some people are saying he's an upgrade over Morgan.

I personally think Morgan is slightly better than Housh. near Housh's level but Housh is still better primarily due to experience and overall consistency at a high level.

That would be awesome if he plays. We gotta get the home crowd to do a loud to silent "Hooooooooouuuu!------sssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

So josh morgan knows the entire playbook, has gone through training camp and preseason, has timing down with alex smith, and you expect a guy who was sitting on the couch to come in and do well? Dont get your hopes up.

All Housh needs to know is the install. All this "completely knowing the playbook" is a bunch of crap that was used for 6 years to make excuses for Alex. Alex, without an offseason, is playing better under a completely new offense with new verbiage.

It's all about how the coach designs the play and whether or not the players get the weekly install down. The Pats don't use a 200 page playbook every week. They use the install for that week and that install consists of possible plays they NEVER ran before.

Knowing the playbook is overrated. Knowing the game plan and how to beat the team THAT week is the most important piece of information.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Hes on the Eagles PS.

Well, I guess bad enough to not get plucked off the Eagles PS then.
Originally posted by valrod33:
He has 2 healthy legs and Morgan has 1
DUH

I agree.

I am glad they are looking for a vet for possible reps down the stretch. The WR's that were left off of the roster didn't seem exactly ready during preseason. I hope Morgan makes a speedy recovery, hes better than what a lot of people give him credit for.
Imo, whoever they bring in will be strictly for depth, Kyle Williams is going to get his opportunity and he's going to surprise people, the dude had a great camp, displayed incredible hands, and is the 2nd fastest WR on the team.

Have you guys forgotten about his TD catch in Week 1 that made NFL top plays of the week?
Rather have T.O. I think he would buy into and respect Jim and his system, and at this point in his career T.O. is much more mature. Think about it... Braylon, Crabs, T.O., Vernon, D-Love, and Morgan?!
Share 49ersWebzone