There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Morgan Officially placed on IR according to 49ers.com

Originally posted by ruthless49er:
5 minutes ago - by Michael Erler - Harbaugh doesn't think WR Morgan's injury seriousCoach Jim Harbaugh intimated that he didn't think WR Joshua Morgan's ankle injury, which he suffered after making a reception on 4th-and-3 late in the game, was too serious. "On the field Josh said it was starting to cool down, so we'll get an evaluation," Harbaugh said. 49ers RapidReports

REJOICE!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports

6 minutes ago - by Michael Erler - Harbaugh defends play that Morgan was hurt onCoach Jim Harbaugh on the decision to go for it instead of kicking a field goal up 41-3 late in the game, on a play where WR Joshua Morgan injured his ankle: "You gotta play. You can't just take a knee with four minutes to play. It could've been a run play, but Josh was competing, (QB Colin Kaepernick ) was competing." 49ers RapidReports

Man i love our coach!!

Woo Hoo

Sounds like a sprain
I will say this, losing Morgan will hurt (hopefully it is just an ankle sprain and he will be back in a few weeks) but I think with Harbaugh coaching this team and in this scheme, a guy like Kyle Williams can/will come in and do a solid job. Getting Braylon Edwards back after the bye will be big as well.
The thing with Morgan is that he's our best slant route runner, and seems to have his timing with Alex down the best. I think he's also got the best hands too. It's a big loss for us.

I wouldn't go by what Harbaugh or anyone says until they do the MRI.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Really sad to see Morgan get hurt.

I was really liking what I saw from him in this game. He looked smooth on routes, made some nice runs after the catch, and blocked well. Plus, another little thing: every time there was an altercation with offensive players he was right in there backing up his teammates, but not escalating the situation with more shoving. It's a little thing, but it shows leadership to me.

I hope he isn't out long. I was really looking forward to seeing Crabtree, Edwards and Morgan together.

He has been our most complete and consistent receiver.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
5 minutes ago - by Michael Erler - Harbaugh doesn't think WR Morgan's injury seriousCoach Jim Harbaugh intimated that he didn't think WR Joshua Morgan's ankle injury, which he suffered after making a reception on 4th-and-3 late in the game, was too serious. "On the field Josh said it was starting to cool down, so we'll get an evaluation," Harbaugh said. 49ers RapidReports

REJOICE!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports

6 minutes ago - by Michael Erler - Harbaugh defends play that Morgan was hurt onCoach Jim Harbaugh on the decision to go for it instead of kicking a field goal up 41-3 late in the game, on a play where WR Joshua Morgan injured his ankle: "You gotta play. You can't just take a knee with four minutes to play. It could've been a run play, but Josh was competing, (QB Colin Kaepernick ) was competing." 49ers RapidReports

Man i love our coach!!

Woo Hoo

Sounds like a sprain

Good to hear. Hopefully he can be back after the bye.
This means our Ground game gotta get going on sunday!
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
I hope it isn't too serious

Yeah hope so!!
Originally posted by kray28:
The thing with Morgan is that he's our best slant route runner, and seems to have his timing with Alex down the best. I think he's also got the best hands too. It's a big loss for us.

I wouldn't go by what Harbaugh or anyone says until they do the MRI.

Yep. Harbaugh's not a doctor. Sando's not a doctor. Morgan's not a doctor. You're not a doctor. I'm not a doctor. Too early to know. He might practice on Wednesday, he might practice next training camp. Let's just wait and see and hope for the best.
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
It could not have been a perfect game could it!?!? Maaan, looks like a serious injury to Morgan that should have been avoided. Morgan should not have been in there and we probably should not have been throwing the ball.

Harbaugh running up the score= bad karma

Who else was Harbaugh supposed to put in there? I expect my team to be competitive until the very last second and I'm glad Harbaugh thinks the same. Zoners are never going to be happy no matter what they decide to do.

Not sure if he was trying to run up the score so much as getting reps for Kap with the first team receiver's etc.

Yeah he wanted to get his back up QB some reps.
Originally posted by brizznasty:
if it was broke would wouldnt carry his ass off like that haha

Paul Pierce was carried out by his teammates and he came back 20 minutes later...
If they had to do it again I think they would.and I like that...they dont give up or down on the board. We have one more week then a bye so it helps. Plus Edwards should be back after the bye week.
Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by kray28:
The thing with Morgan is that he's our best slant route runner, and seems to have his timing with Alex down the best. I think he's also got the best hands too. It's a big loss for us.

I wouldn't go by what Harbaugh or anyone says until they do the MRI.

Yep. Harbaugh's not a doctor. Sando's not a doctor. Morgan's not a doctor. You're not a doctor. I'm not a doctor. Too early to know. He might practice on Wednesday, he might practice next training camp. Let's just wait and see and hope for the best.

I'm a doctor, on the Internet, and he will be out until after the bye week with a mild sprain.
  • eman
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
5 minutes ago - by Michael Erler - Harbaugh doesn't think WR Morgan's injury seriousCoach Jim Harbaugh intimated that he didn't think WR Joshua Morgan's ankle injury, which he suffered after making a reception on 4th-and-3 late in the game, was too serious. "On the field Josh said it was starting to cool down, so we'll get an evaluation," Harbaugh said. 49ers RapidReports

REJOICE!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports

6 minutes ago - by Michael Erler - Harbaugh defends play that Morgan was hurt onCoach Jim Harbaugh on the decision to go for it instead of kicking a field goal up 41-3 late in the game, on a play where WR Joshua Morgan injured his ankle: "You gotta play. You can't just take a knee with four minutes to play. It could've been a run play, but Josh was competing, (QB Colin Kaepernick ) was competing." 49ers RapidReports

Man i love our coach!!

Woo Hoo

Sounds like a sprain

Good to hear. Hopefully he can be back after the bye.

well.... looking at the play where Morgan got hurt, i was really sad as he was our best complete receiver interms of running routes, 3rd down catches, and esp run blocking on sweeps. Looking at the injury as a physician, it could be one of few things

1. the way his leg got caught, worse case scenario he has a broken fibula with ligamentous injury. same thing Aldon smith had in college and Norris had few weeks prior. max healing time 3-5 weeks. this is worst case scenario as a WR needs to make sharp cuts and this could be painful
2. high ankle sprain > 2-4 week recovery but lingers for whole year
3. microtear with inflammation and swelling > 1-2 weeks

hopefully with bye week coming, this allows young guys to get chance to showcase talents and Morgan can come in and do what he does after bye without missing a beat!
he will have 3 weeks to recoup before game against cleveland. Good thing is next game against Lions who we will be playing on short rest after monday night game against tought D in bears (bucs were slow today after their exhausiting monday night game), and at home against cleveland where I dont think we need him much. But we def need him for game against redskins on Nov 6!
I love Morgan's ability. A lot of you were s**tting on him. Don't make me use the search function. If he ain't s**t then no one should be concerned.
Originally posted by saj4423:
I'm a doctor, on the Internet, and he will be out until after the bye week with a mild sprain.