LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Morgan Officially placed on IR according to 49ers.com

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm thinking he will be back after the bye, and maybe with Edwards as well.

Hurts for the Lions game, but the second half of the season will look really good!
Originally posted by BrianGO:
He's only a "#3" anyway, right? So its not like its a big loss. Because the #3 is not as high a number as the #2 or the #1.

#3??? LOLOLOL, WOW you need to pay attention!!!!!!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Phew! No MRI hopefully means the injury is not serious at all. Even with the injury scare, I absolutely love the killer attitude to go for it on 4th down and totally demoralize the Bucs. That was a statement play, and this was a statement game.

It's a broken amkle, all they need is an x-ray. Kevin Lynch was told by a player that backtracked after another player told him to be quiet.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
I'm thinking he will be back after the bye, and maybe with Edwards as well.

Hurts for the Lions game, but the second half of the season will look really good!

were gonna need to score a good amount of pts next wk, losing morgan for next week and not having edwards will be huge losses
damn good reciever but not anything special, i'm sorry but he's replacable
Next guy steps up. no problem. the harbaugh way.
Originally posted by Jmahoney1979:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Phew! No MRI hopefully means the injury is not serious at all. Even with the injury scare, I absolutely love the killer attitude to go for it on 4th down and totally demoralize the Bucs. That was a statement play, and this was a statement game.

It's a broken amkle, all they need is an x-ray. Kevin Lynch was told by a player that backtracked after another player told him to be quiet.

That's my worry. If it's a sprain, you always do an MRI.
Kevin Lynch just said a player told him it was a broken ankle and another player made him backtrack

I still contend that it looked like something broke on the play. I saw the replay three times and noticed an unusual bending of the lower leg in the middle. The bone should not do that. I saw the foot caught underneath and that did get rolled. However, what you need to watch is higher up on his leg when the second defender hits him. It looks ugly because it looks like his lower leg broke.

That is something that takes a long time to recover from. I'm very worried and just hopeful that whatever it is, is something he can come back from.

If he's out for the year, this just means we're going to see a lot more from Edwards, Crabtree, D.Walker and Williams (perhaps Ginn too) after the bye.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 9, 2011 at 6:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Magzarillious:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
He's only a "#3" anyway, right? So its not like its a big loss. Because the #3 is not as high a number as the #2 or the #1.

#3??? LOLOLOL, WOW you need to pay attention!!!!!!

Forget what he is doing on the field on Sunday's. Focus more on what he was projected to do for the season, as well as what # is assigned to him as far as how good of a receiver he is.
Originally posted by ssahnan:
damn good reciever but not anything special, i'm sorry but he's replacable

I dont know of any reciever on our team that has slant Yac ability like Morgan.....just tough.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Kevin Lynch just said a player told him it was a broken ankle and another player made him backtrack

I still contend that it looked like something broke on the play. I saw the replay three times and noticed an unusual bending of the lower leg in the middle. The bone should not do that. I saw the foot caught underneath and that did get rolled. However, what you need to watch is higher up on his leg when the second defender hits him. It looks ugly because it looks like his lower leg broke.

That is something that takes a long time to recover from. I'm very worried and just hopeful that whatever it is, is something he can come back from.

If he's out for the year, this just means we're going to see a lot more from Edwards, Crabtree, D.Walker and Williams (perhaps Ginn too) after the bye.

Often times when you turn your ankle like that, you can get a fibular fracture (lateral bone of the lower leg).

Often times when you turn your ankle like that, you can get a fibular fracture (lateral bone of the lower leg).
Kevin Lynch backtracked and said that the player "thought" Morgan may have broke his ankle...nothing confirmed yet...
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Source: 49ers receiver Joshua Morgan sustains fractured right ankle in final minutes of blowout win. bit.ly/o0hAIz
Originally posted by Schulzy:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

Source: 49ers receiver Joshua Morgan sustains fractured right ankle in final minutes of blowout win. bit.ly/o0hAIz

Dear lord!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone