There are 213 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Morgan Officially placed on IR according to 49ers.com

Originally posted by redrathman:
Alex clearly told Kaep to throw that pass to Morgan, even though he knew he'd break his ankle.

Evil
Originally posted by redrathman:
Alex clearly told Kaep to throw that pass to Morgan, even though he knew he'd break his ankle.

Kaep shouldn't have thrown it so perfect, allowing Morgan to make a move after the catch. He should have thrown it more to the inside and just got the first down and run more time off the clock. I definitely blame Kaep for making a perfect throw when he shouldn't have.
I saw Morgan grab his upper ankle after the play which would lead me to believe that it is a high ankle sprain... Probably a pretty bad one. I'm guessing 4-6 weeks until he can practice. Big loss because Morgan is a terrific downfield blocker in addition to being a nice big target for Alex.

The real question now is....who starts in place of him?

Let us look at the bright side today, shall we? That was one of the best wins by this franchise in the last 20 years. Tampa Bay is a quality football team and the game today was a statement, IMHO... Great win!!!
This is why 1) You rest all your starters when you are up 38 pts and 2) When up 38 pts you kick the field goal on 4th down! Harb is a great coach, but this along with the field goal against dallas shows you he's a rookie coach.
Morgan's injury may not be that bad, but if they have to sign someone why not bring back Zeigler for a few games?
Your exaggerating. If he scores The td and no injury would you still say why did harbaugh run up the score? It's a freak acciden. Get over it. We won be happy go celebrate
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
It could not have been a perfect game could it!?!? Maaan, looks like a serious injury to Morgan that should have been avoided. Morgan should not have been in there and we probably should not have been throwing the ball.

Harbaugh running up the score= bad karma

Who else was Harbaugh supposed to put in there? I expect my team to be competitive until the very last second and I'm glad Harbaugh thinks the same. Zoners are never going to be happy no matter what they decide to do.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Niners99:
why is he going by Joshua all the sudden instead of Josh?

In a personal interview he stated his grandmother named him Joshua and would appreciate that he be called that.

lol that makes no sense. its the same name. He doesnt want be called "Josh" because his grandfather didnt go by it? Josh sounds better, and he never said anything for years now. im used to Josh, so he stays Josh. lol
Hope it is not to bad and he and Braylon get back quick. On a side note did anyone see Jason Hill's #'s today?
Very unfortunate injury. But Good thing Braylon is coming back after the bye.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
TO?

No!!!!!! Edwards will be back after the bye week... Kyle Williams can play! Stick him in for Morgan. We don't need a T.O. phucking up the chemistry of this team...
5 minutes ago - by Michael Erler - Harbaugh doesn't think WR Morgan's injury seriousCoach Jim Harbaugh intimated that he didn't think WR Joshua Morgan's ankle injury, which he suffered after making a reception on 4th-and-3 late in the game, was too serious. "On the field Josh said it was starting to cool down, so we'll get an evaluation," Harbaugh said. 49ers RapidReports

REJOICE!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports

6 minutes ago - by Michael Erler - Harbaugh defends play that Morgan was hurt onCoach Jim Harbaugh on the decision to go for it instead of kicking a field goal up 41-3 late in the game, on a play where WR Joshua Morgan injured his ankle: "You gotta play. You can't just take a knee with four minutes to play. It could've been a run play, but Josh was competing, (QB Colin Kaepernick ) was competing." 49ers RapidReports

Man i love our coach!!
[ Edited by ruthless49er on Oct 9, 2011 at 5:13 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:
i think the bye is 2 weeks away

Unfortunatly, we have the Lions before the bye.
Originally posted by dave1003:
This is why 1) You rest all your starters when you are up 38 pts and 2) When up 38 pts you kick the field goal on 4th down! Harb is a great coach, but this along with the field goal against dallas shows you he's a rookie coach.

Wrong! That is not him being a rookie, its him doing things HIS WAY. He is going to compete until the very end and doesn't give a s**t what anyone thinks. No mercy!
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
It could not have been a perfect game could it!?!? Maaan, looks like a serious injury to Morgan that should have been avoided. Morgan should not have been in there and we probably should not have been throwing the ball.

Harbaugh running up the score= bad karma

Who else was Harbaugh supposed to put in there? I expect my team to be competitive until the very last second and I'm glad Harbaugh thinks the same. Zoners are never going to be happy no matter what they decide to do.

Not sure if he was trying to run up the score so much as getting reps for Kap with the first team receiver's etc.
[ Edited by Blitz on Oct 9, 2011 at 5:16 PM ]