LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Morgan Officially placed on IR according to 49ers.com

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
I still think it's a damn shame that Morgan was still in the game. What were they thinking???

They were thinking that an NFL football game is 60 minutes long, not 54 minutes.

QFT.

There were four minutes in the game, can't kneel. Run the ball? And risk getting a lineman rolled up on, or breaking the RBs ankle?

This is football. Injuries happen. This was just bad luck and fantastic coaching.

Yes, it was timing, the injury could have occurred at any time, to anybody.

not sure if its been noted but we had only 4 WR's healthy and playing yesterday. Some one had to be out there. Not like high school or college, where you have like 4 back-ups at all positions.
Don't know if you guys saw this from TMZ (http://www.tmz.com/)

Emergency officials were responding to a call about a possible prescription pill overdose when they were dispatched to the L.A. apartment where Terrell Owens was staying last week ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ. As we first reported, Owens was transported by ambulance to an L.A. hospital Thursday night. Cops were also dispatched to investigate -- and spoke with T.O. at the hospital.Owens has since been released. A rep for Owens had no comment on the matter. T.O. was famously hospitalized back in 2006 -- when he insisted he had a bad reaction to painkillers ... despite reports that he tried to commit suicide by inhaling 35 Vicodin pills. T.O. later held a news conference on the matter and stated, "The rumor of me taking 35 pills, I think is absurd. I don't think I would be here if I had taken 35 pills."

So, he may be healed from his knee---but he may still have serious issues.
Its football, people get hurt. Every snap of the ball has a chance for someone to get hurt. It was a simple 5 yard out route, pretty safe play. If the first defender would've done his job and actually tackled Morgan we wouldn't be having this conversation
http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2011WR.php

Is this list up to date???

Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Its football, people get hurt. Every snap of the ball has a chance for someone to get hurt. It was a simple 5 yard out route, pretty safe play. If the first defender would've done his job and actually tackled Morgan we wouldn't be having this conversation

Exactly. You never know when the injury bug will get you. In my first year ever playing football in 3rd grade, first day of contact, first rep in an Oklahoma drill my buddy D.J. broke his leg. Over the next 10 years of playing ball I never saw another serious injury like that in practice or in a game. You just never know. s**t happens.
get well Josh we will need you in the playoffs
They were thinking of getting reps for Kap with the number ones against an opponents number ones. I would chalk this injury up to an unfortunate occurrence and nothing more. It's a freak thing, Morgans chances of sustaining an injury were the same throughout the game....if just so happened to occur then instead of some other time. Him not being pulled did not cause his injury. It was not the cause.

Young used to come in and play with the ones whenever they had the chance to put him in for Montana all the time. At any time Young or the number ones could have suffered an injury. What if Young had a career ending injury? Would the thinking have been flawed then? What if Kap "our future QB" suffered an injury? What about Kap or anybody else playing in pre-season, or even practicing, or even riding in an automobile?

You can't protect everybody all the time. You can't play it like they are wearing glass slippers.

Well said!
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Originally posted by NJNiner:
I still think it's a damn shame that Morgan was still in the game. What were they thinking???

They were thinking that an NFL football game is 60 minutes long, not 54 minutes.

QFT.

There were four minutes in the game, can't kneel. Run the ball? And risk getting a lineman rolled up on, or breaking the RBs ankle?

This is football. Injuries happen. This was just bad luck and fantastic coaching.

Yes, it was timing, the injury could have occurred at any time, to anybody.

not sure if its been noted but we had only 4 WR's healthy and playing yesterday. Some one had to be out there. Not like high school or college, where you have like 4 back-ups at all positions.

Totally agree. You play for 60 mins and nothing less. It's football and people will get hurt. I just hate to see Josh go down when he is starting to reallly make some noise. Guy has been working his ass off. Get well soon Josh!
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Anyone see this?

The Niners will also be assessing which receiver to add to the 53-man roster, a decision Harbaugh expects will be made within the next "24 to 48 hours." He said the two wide receivers on the practice squad, undrafted rookie Joe Hastings and John Matthews, are candidates. The 49ers will also bring in other wide receivers for workouts, he said.

Potential workout candidates could include former 49ers Dominique Zeigler and Lance Long, who were among the team's final roster cuts.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
They were thinking of getting reps for Kap with the number ones against an opponents number ones. I would chalk this injury up to an unfortunate occurrence and nothing more. It's a freak thing, Morgans chances of sustaining an injury were the same throughout the game....if just so happened to occur then instead of some other time. Him not being pulled did not cause his injury. It was not the cause.

Young used to come in and play with the ones whenever they had the chance to put him in for Montana all the time. At any time Young or the number ones could have suffered an injury. What if Young had a career ending injury? Would the thinking have been flawed then? What if Kap "our future QB" suffered an injury? What about Kap or anybody else playing in pre-season, or even practicing, or even riding in an automobile?

You can't protect everybody all the time. You can't play it like they are wearing glass slippers.

Well said!

I kind of agree.........but it was 4th and 2.....LOL

• THEB
  • Veteran
TJ Houshmandzadeh is available and he was pretty good when he played for seattle. i think he would be a decent filler until josh is back
Originally posted by THEB:
TJ Houshmandzadeh is available and he was pretty good when he played for seattle. i think he would be a decent filler until josh is back

I don't hate this idea
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Well said!

Well yeah, but I don't think that mattered. It may as well have been any other down, it was all just "reps"....and, if I was Harbaugh, my instructions to Kap coming in would have been a single simple one aimed at replicating a real life situation: Play this like your down by 7....try and get 7.
[ Edited by Blitz on Oct 10, 2011 at 11:22 PM ]
We should learn from baseball--Giants and D backs--play the young hungry guys--not over the hill vets. Giants will be back in 2012!!! ( with young guys leading the way) Sign Ziegler or Long or one of the PS guys--I don't know enough about those 2 to say.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Well said!

Well yeah, but I don't think that mattered. It may as well have been any other down, it was all just "reps"....and, if I was Harbaugh, my instructions to Kap coming in would have been a single simple one aimed at replicating a real life situation: Play this like your down by 7....try and get 7.

Morgan answers the phone and it's Harbaugh on the other line.

Harbaugh: u mad bro? [hangs up]

Morgan: [to himself] Should have stuck with Josh.
Share 49ersWebzone