There are 153 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How come Sing played Chilo for years and Harbaugh figured it out within a few weeks?

Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
As a Coach you need to find "different" ways to motivate different people. Not everyone can response the way Vernon did. Vernon needed the "kick in the ass" from Singletary. However Alex needed someone to rebuild his confidence and his failure to see that (ie: public sideline arguments) was the beginning of the end for him as a head coach!"

Smith needed someone smarter than him in football intellectually to teach him how to play qb smartly and consistently. It was not so much physical or emotional need with Smith. Other than the shoulder injuries, he has all the tools and talent physically to play the position. He needed the intellectual side. There was no one there worth a salt to give him that after Norv left.
Sing is/was clueless, but he aint the only one. Chilo is starting in Chicago this week.

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bears/2012/9/19/3357748/chicago-bears-offensive-line-changes-lovie-smith
What they really liked about Chilo was that he played aggressive. His problem was between the ears.
Originally posted by Rathman_44:
Sing is/was clueless, but he aint the only one. Chilo is starting in Chicago this week.

http://chicago.sbnation.com/chicago-bears/2012/9/19/3357748/chicago-bears-offensive-line-changes-lovie-smith

OMG! I couldn't read past the first paragraph. I was sickened. And the Bears isn't even my team.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Sing was convinced his boot camp style of discipline would produce fierce football players, if he is to get credit for anytthing, it would be for getting the players to be more physical and aggressive
he also hurt people with his f**king stupid nutcracker drill. i am sorry and no offense to vernon davis,, i just can not bring my self to give him credit for one damn thing. I really think i would take dennis erickson over him if you forced me to choose.

Just about the way i feel every time fans talk about Sing... a lot of non 9er fans always seem to give him credit for shaping up Vernon, but I'm not sure about that. This was the coach who didn't know what to do with Bear Pascoe (Fresno State fan here) and he turned out ok.
Originally posted by SFVNiner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Sing was convinced his boot camp style of discipline would produce fierce football players, if he is to get credit for anytthing, it would be for getting the players to be more physical and aggressive
he also hurt people with his f**king stupid nutcracker drill. i am sorry and no offense to vernon davis,, i just can not bring my self to give him credit for one damn thing. I really think i would take dennis erickson over him if you forced me to choose.

Just about the way i feel every time fans talk about Sing... a lot of non 9er fans always seem to give him credit for shaping up Vernon, but I'm not sure about that. This was the coach who didn't know what to do with Bear Pascoe (Fresno State fan here) and he turned out ok.

Agree 100%. This might be a fun narrative to imagine but it comes from watching too many sports movies.

Vernon shaped up Vernon.
I'm amazed at how little about football, Singletary knew. Even more amazed at how someone with "expertise" was able to land an NFL HC job.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I'm amazed at how little about football, Singletary knew. Even more amazed at how someone with "expertise" was able to land an NFL HC job.

he was to busy building giant wooden crosses to hang around his neck.
This might be the dumbest question ever asked in NT.
singletary was trying to polish a turd and show how smart he was but he was very very wrong. chilo was a backup tackle at usc, why not draft a f**kin guard if u needed a guard??? stupid bears are starting this fool this week lol. RIP Jay Cutler lol
Originally posted by susweel:
he was to busy building giant wooden crosses to hang around his neck.

I wonder where we would be if Sing was still the coach.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I wonder where we would be if Sing was still the coach.

perpetually 7-9
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
singletary was trying to polish a turd and show how smart he was but he was very very wrong. chilo was a backup tackle at usc, why not draft a f**kin guard if u needed a guard??? stupid bears are starting this fool this week lol. RIP Jay Cutler lol

what are you talking about?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Um, wrong and wrong.

Chilo Rachal made every start over his last two seasons at SC exclusively at right guard.

He was 2nd team all-pac-10 as a soph. First team all pac-10, 2nd team all-america as a junior. (He came out early.)

Backup tackle? What are you talking about?