LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 269 users in the forums

Am i the only one...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
That was one unexpectedly funny f**kin movie.

this
Homie, have you even LOOKED at our schedule? Put down the weed brownies at take a gander. Philly at Philly, Tampa at home, Detroit at Detroit, then AT Wash, AT Baltimore. Bro, this could be our last week with a winning record all year.
Originally posted by AlexSmithNWessonOil:
Homie, have you even LOOKED at our schedule? Put down the weed brownies at take a gander. Philly at Philly, Tampa at home, Detroit at Detroit, then AT Wash, AT Baltimore. Bro, this could be our last week with a winning record all year.

you do know that the rest of the NFC west has almost the same schedule...all we need to do is just be able to beat the Cards, Rams and Hawks and that'll put us in the drivers seat...very do-able

It ain't gonna be easy, but I won't blame someone for being optimistic. Beats giving up three weeks into the season.

I can definitely see where you could come to that conclussion. I would love to stomp tampa in the face, adn I hope our players remember how they embarassed us at home and are fired up for that one.

As far as detroit goes, I think we lose that one, and WASH at the beginning of the season i thought it was a 75% win, right now I think we have a 35% chance.. If we open up our offense, I might feel more confident though.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

I can definitely see where you could come to that conclussion. I would love to stomp tampa in the face, adn I hope our players remember how they embarassed us at home and are fired up for that one.

As far as detroit goes, I think we lose that one, and WASH at the beginning of the season i thought it was a 75% win, right now I think we have a 35% chance.. If we open up our offense, I might feel more confident though.

I didn't mean to sound like such a pessimist, but we have to win at least a couple of these tough games, AND sweep our division to make the playoffs. Not saying we can't, but from what I've seen so far, I'm not sure the 9ers can hang with teams like Detroit or Tampa, let alone Philly, Baltimore, or Pittsburgh.
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Listen...I get it. We're 2-1 and in 1st place. I feel great about it too and am excited about winning some games...however...why make this thread?
You have a feeling? Really?

Come-on, man...

Why not?
NFC West. We'll probally get in, but a run like the Giants is not likely.

They had a premiere rushing attack and one of the best front 4's the NFL has ever seen. If you're going to beat the Tom Brady's and Brett Favre's of this world with a game manager then you better be able to turn that elite quarterback into a sub par qb.

It's one thing to beat down Andy Dalton and Seneca Wallace. Aaron Rodgers that's a different ball game.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
NFC West. We'll probally get in, but a run like the Giants is not likely.

They had a premiere rushing attack and one of the best front 4's the NFL has ever seen. If you're going to beat the Tom Brady's and Brett Favre's of this world with a game manager then you better be able to turn that elite quarterback into a sub par qb.

It's one thing to beat down Andy Dalton and Seneca Wallace. Aaron Rodgers that's a different ball game.

I could be wrong, but I think he's talking about the SF Baseball Giants.
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Oct 1, 2011 at 6:47 PM ]

Originally posted by putangina:
I was a toddler when they won their first Super Bowl in '81, but I imagine people yelling Super Bowl after week 3 of that year were looked at like they were idiots. There's always that hope. Especially at 2-1 and MOST especially when you have 5 Lombardi's in the trophy case. I've seen too much greatness from the scarlet and gold not to believe we'll get back there. When it does happen, it's not gonna sneak up on me cuz I'm right there with you. I say Super Bowl the beginning of every season. Without that hope, what's the point, really.

I love the optimism. I'm a lot like you in this regard. Regardless of the outcome, this is the blank-slate type-of-mentality I carry with me the moment a game kicks off.

This type of faith, often times blind and naive, is why I pace back-and-forth around my TV, jittery, ready to watch the 49ers kick some a** for 4 quarters -- regardless of what factors are involved.

This is what being faithful is about. Rock on, my fellow Niner
[ Edited by Imfasterthanur on Oct 1, 2011 at 6:48 PM ]
i agree i think we could be in the superbowl this year! but it really depends on if we keep winning the turnover ratio.... we are tied 1st right now in the whole league. if it stays that along with our offense and alex getting better and better every week. we could be right there!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
yes

yes. feeling worse and worse about tomorrow's game.
  • Veteran
Yes, you are the only one!
alex isnt eli
Share 49ersWebzone