LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

Am i the only one...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was a toddler when they won their first Super Bowl in '81, but I imagine people yelling Super Bowl after week 3 of that year were looked at like they were idiots. There's always that hope. Especially at 2-1 and MOST especially when you have 5 Lombardi's in the trophy case. I've seen too much greatness from the scarlet and gold not to believe we'll get back there. When it does happen, it's not gonna sneak up on me cuz I'm right there with you. I say Super Bowl the beginning of every season. Without that hope, what's the point, really.
The Giants had an elite pitching staff, basically the most important unit to have. There is nothing elite about the niners other than the kicking game.
No lol
  • g60nx
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Listen...I get it. We're 2-1 and in 1st place. I feel great about it too and am excited about winning some games...however...why make this thread?
You have a feeling? Really?

Come-on, man...

lol this is just awesome
Originally posted by Humboldt9er:
who expects this team to sneak into the playoffs (like the giants) and go on an azz kicken streak (like the giants)? If we can keep up what we have started i think a smith will get better every week untill it matters most. #11 superbowl mvp 2011!

When you said Giants, my first thought was when the NY Giants won the SB a few years ago. Seriously, who the f*ck thought Eli Manning would ever win a SB, much less beat a Tom Brady lead Patriots team that went undefeated in the regular season. I know Tiki Barber didn't. Not only does sh*t happen, but strange sh*t happens sometimes.
[ Edited by GoalLineStand on Oct 1, 2011 at 12:13 AM ]
I never say never--we can always dream!
I was with the OP until I remembered we still have Alex Smith.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I was with the OP until I remembered we still have Alex Smith.

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
In Alex we trust.

Disagree.
Originally posted by backontop:
back to the 80's? Do you have a hot tub time machine?

That was one unexpectedly funny f**kin movie.

Originally posted by Humboldt9er:
who expects this team to sneak into the playoffs (like the giants) and go on an azz kicken streak (like the giants)? If we can keep up what we have started i think a smith will get better every week untill it matters most. #11 superbowl mvp 2011!

Sneak into the playoffs - possibility. Go on an azz kicking streak in the playoffs - Not gonna happen. Not this year.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
The Giants had an elite pitching staff, basically the most important unit to have. There is nothing elite about the niners other than the kicking game.

The front 7 disagree with you, especially Patrick Willis....
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
In Alex we trust.

Playoffs! Very possible, should be expected this yr! We need to take the one game at a time approach!
Superbowl mvp will be beastin patrick willis! 3 pic 6's 3 sacks 12 tackles and 5 forced fumbles lol
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone