There are 229 users in the forums

Smitty, yay Smitty 1st half-2nd half stats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by sacniner:
He is serviceable... we need the o line and run game badly.

He had one beautiful pass to Davis down the right side. The rest of the game he played very average, running up his passer rating with high efficiency checkdowns. I don't know what game everyone else watched. Our expectations have gone so low for this position that just not f****ing things up is considered a breakthrough game.

Haha, that is your response to "He is serviceable."

You extremists are ridiculous.

Okay then he's playing at a pro bowl level. LOL

Gotta love low standards.
Played well in the 2nd half. Didn't turn the ball over once and we won so I'm not gonna complain.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
More Math coming in a sec. If I'm not mistaken Alex has contributed to about 75-80% of our offense.

.75 * poop = crap...

likewise, .8 * poop = 5% less crap

Stunningly enough, this is approximately (2*pi*cos11*square root of a turd) better than years past

Now that's math!

Just kidding...been pulling for Alex for years

Hope they untie his hands eventually and the mutual ring of trust will elevate him to good or even pretty good quarterback status.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:

He had one beautiful pass to Davis down the right side. The rest of the game he played very average, running up his passer rating with high efficiency checkdowns. I don't know what game everyone else watched. Our expectations have gone so low for this position that just not f****ing things up is considered a breakthrough game.

Exactly. another 200 yard day with no TD's. Let's throw a block party.
  • rserda
  • Veteran

Would you prefer he play like Cam Newton? Throw for over 400 yards and lose? Sorry but Alex Smith and the 49ers are 2-1 whether you like it or not. Personally I love it. GO NINERS!!

guess who has more INT's then Smith?

I really wanted the Niners to win today on the road playing a 10:00 game. That was the "standard" I was concerned about. Been a tough decade. Living one game at a time now.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Played well in the 2nd half. Didn't turn the ball over once and we won so I'm not gonna complain.

Alex is on a "Can't Blame Me" campaign! So far its working and I love it.......

2-1!!!! Go Niners!!!!
  • dj43
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
Originally posted by niners94:
200 yards yay NFL MVP, LOL

Who cares? He's playing well enough for us to win every game.

He played well enough for the 49ers to beat the Bengals. Smith played mediocre. He is clearly a very bad back-up on any other team.

You obviously do not watch very much pro football. You CANNOT make such a statement if you have watched any of roughly 20 other teams in this league.

Right now, and for the past 11 games, Alex Smith is in the top 12 STARTING QBs in the league based on QBR.

Your credibility is taking a major shellacking with statements like that.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Alex Smith plays as a very good NFL QB when he has time and a pocket to work from.

Alex Smith's accuracy drops dramatically when he gets hit a lot and has pressure. If I was a defensive coordinator, I'd blitz Alex Smith every down until he proves otherwise that he won't fold.

this is who i was trying to quote

Exactly. another 200 yard day with no TD's. Let's throw a block party.

He won dude. No amount of blind hate can take that away. Everyone knows that Smith isn't going to light it up this year. Yet you guys come to these boards AFTER every game complaining because he didn't have a career day. He is not the QB of the future. No one is going to dispute that. But right now he's doing what he's being asked to do.

That's take care of the ball, and not give the game away. Too bad that upsets you.
Originally posted by rserda:
Would you prefer he play like Cam Newton? Throw for over 400 yards and lose? Sorry but Alex Smith and the 49ers are 2-1 whether you like it or not. Personally I love it. GO NINERS!!

cam newton threw for less than 200 yards today... and they won
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Even on that play he stared down Davis. Go back and watch Smiths head on EVERY throw. I use to think he was servicable, but he isn't. If you give ANY QB what you think Alex needs to be good, they would ALL be servicable.

P.S. Kaeperpick must really suck.
Um... not true at all. He goes through his reads on most plays. hat particular play it looked like Smith saw the matchup, and audibled to put VD 1 on 1 on the outside. He was going there the whole time, and anyone with football knowledge knows that. This BS about him starindown his targets needs to stop right now. IT simply isn't accurate at all. Just stop it, it is pathetic.
  • mike
  • Veteran

We won, what else do you want? Some cheese with your whine?
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Alex Smith is almost a top 10 QB based on the QBR...yup that's mediocrity at its best.
Share 49ersWebzone