There are 153 users in the forums

Smitty, yay Smitty 1st half-2nd half stats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by baltien:
Exactly. another 200 yard day with no TD's. Let's throw a block party.

He won dude. No amount of blind hate can take that away. Everyone knows that Smith isn't going to light it up this year. Yet you guys come to these boards AFTER every game complaining because he didn't have a career day. He is not the QB of the future. No one is going to dispute that. But right now he's doing what he's being asked to do.

That's take care of the ball, and not give the game away. Too bad that upsets you.

it upsets me because a) I'm sick of QB mediocrity and of Smith in particular and b) he plays at his worst in the clutch, so we will be one and done if we make the playoffs, and so all we stand to gain with Alex is a drop in the draft boards next year ==> it's a lose/lose any way you look at it. I'd rather bite the bullet and play Kap, knowing Smith won't take this team anywhere.

Fans such as yourself belong somewhere else.
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by susweel:
200 yards yay NFL MVP, LOL

I always get confused. Sometimes it is only about wins. Other times it is about stats. Clarify. Which one is it?

Whichever fits one's agenda, of course.
Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by sacniner:
He is serviceable... we need the o line and run game badly.

He had one beautiful pass to Davis down the right side. The rest of the game he played very average, running up his passer rating with high efficiency checkdowns. I don't know what game everyone else watched. Our expectations have gone so low for this position that just not f****ing things up is considered a breakthrough game.

Even on that play he stared down Davis. Go back and watch Smiths head on EVERY throw. I use to think he was servicable, but he isn't. If you give ANY QB what you think Alex needs to be good, they would ALL be servicable.

P.S. Kaeperpick must really suck.
Um... not true at all. He goes through his reads on most plays. hat particular play it looked like Smith saw the matchup, and audibled to put VD 1 on 1 on the outside. He was going there the whole time, and anyone with football knowledge knows that. This BS about him starindown his targets needs to stop right now. IT simply isn't accurate at all. Just stop it, it is pathetic.

You mean like anyone that agrees with you? Give me a break. You probably watch the game on a computer with s**tty feed. You guys make me laugh. You find comfort in the fact that a few respected posters on the Zone think Alex is good. The problem is everybody outside of the Zone that knows more football than anyone on this forum thinks he sucks. So you can act like your in the know, but your really just a follower of the "in crowd." All the stats these guys post game after game are worthless, use your eyes and commen sense.
  • mike
  • Veteran
it upsets me because a) I'm sick of QB mediocrity and of Smith in particular and b) he plays at his worst in the clutch, so we will be one and done if we make the playoffs, and so all we stand to gain with Alex is a drop in the draft boards next year ==> it's a lose/lose any way you look at it. I'd rather bite the bullet and play Kap, knowing Smith won't take this team anywhere.

All I read was blah blah wahhh wahhh blahh wahhh bllahhh waahhhhh. It's like a broken f**king record heard it all before. Like the previous poster said, we KNOW we have a mediocre QB, we're as sick of it as you, but can't you look past that for a second and be happy that this team is winning?

The last part of your post makes me wonder why you even watch the games? You watch hoping we lose so you can get a "good qb"? Find another team and save yourself the time. That's my advice.
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFan:
Originally posted by susweel:
I'm happy we won but this was a win by the defense not Smith.

Gore is done and I was one of the few against extending his contract.

I absolutely agree. Smith has played "well" this season in my opinion.(Far from elite, but well)

However, the defense won today's game, in spite of an offense that was full of self-defeating plays.

I disagree, the defense didn't put any points on the board, Alex Smith and the offense did so therefore the win goes to Alex Smith and the offense.
in spite of an offense that was full of self-defeating plays.

None of which were committed by Smith.

I respectfully disagree. With Smith we at least have a shot at the playoffs. Playing Kaep means that we're not even shooting for the postseason.

That is his point. He wants to lose for a better draft position.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by rserda:
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
cam newton threw for less than 200 yards today... and they won

Yep and brady threw 380+ yds, and 4 picks, and lost to the bills...lol

Huh strange, just more facts to prove that yardages isn't what it is all about.

way to compare Brady's worst game in years to Smith's "solid" performance and try to imply that....... stats don't matter? Smith is better than Brady? What exactly is your point?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
How many oh those incompletes were drops?

One by gore. Two by crabs. Plus One was ruled a no catch by Crabs which should have been a touchdown. That's off the top of my head. 3 drops and one improperly ruled incomplete.
Originally posted by mac707g:
None of which were committed by Smith.

Your point? I said Smith played well.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
<blockquote class="quote">Originally posted by susweel:
I'm happy we won but this was a win by the defense not Smith.

Gore is done and I was one of the few against extending his contract.

I absolutely agree. Smith has played "well" this season in my opinion.(Far from elite, but well)

However, the defense won today's game, in spite of an offense that was full of self-defeating plays.

Offense didn't cross midfield in the first half. You do that against a good and you get your puss pounded in.
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

I respectfully disagree. With Smith we at least have a shot at the playoffs. Playing Kaep means that we're not even shooting for the postseason.

That seems to be all that he ever wants to do. I'm starting to wonder if he is even a 49er fan. I have only been back a short while but all he has done is hate on the team and the players. Fan? I think not.
Boy have the standards been lowered for SF QBs. Alex Smith just has to not throw 3 INTs to be said to have had a good game.
Smith doesn't throw interceptions, because he never takes chances. Is that hard to understand? Thats why we are the champions of 3 and out.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Well that makes a lot of sense now doesn't it?
Share 49ersWebzone