There are 207 users in the forums

Smitty, yay Smitty 1st half-2nd half stats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
GOT DAMMIT

A.Smith is a damn businessman.

He has a SF Giants hat on.

Now I like him again.

Don't fall for it bro, we know he bleeds San Diego gold.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sacniner:
He is serviceable... we need the o line and run game badly.

He had one beautiful pass to Davis down the right side. The rest of the game he played very average, running up his passer rating with high efficiency checkdowns. I don't know what game everyone else watched. Our expectations have gone so low for this position that just not f****ing things up is considered a breakthrough game.
Originally posted by Shaj:
He had one beautiful pass to Davis down the right side. The rest of the game he played very average, running up his passer rating with high efficiency checkdowns. I don't know what game everyone else watched. Our expectations have gone so low for this position that just not f****ing things up is considered a breakthrough game.

A few weeks ago you said you judge QB's based on passer rating! Quit changing your story!
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Sep 25, 2011 at 1:56 PM ]
  • rserda
  • Veteran

You do realize that due to his "checkdown" VD had over 100 yards?
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by susweel:
200 yards yay NFL MVP, LOL

Who cares? He's playing well enough for us to win every game.

He played well enough for the 49ers to beat the Bengals. Smith played mediocre. He is clearly a very bad back-up on any other team.

85+ QB rating. Delivered in the 4th quarter when game was on the line. No turnovers.

Unless your QB is named Brady, Rodgers or Brees that is all you can ask for.
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:

A few weeks ago you said you judge QB's based on passer rating! Quit changing your story!

All of the haters are changing their story. before the only thing that mattered was wins, now it's yards.

Haha, that is your response to "He is serviceable."

You extremists are ridiculous.
Originally posted by rserda:
It's pretty funny, before the haters would say the only important stat is wins. Alex is 2-1 so far this season and now the most important stat is yards. I'm confused which one is it? I prefer wins over yards.

Same here. And worst of all, my 15 year old wants us to suck for Luck. He said if Alex does well, we won't be in position to get a good QB in next year's draft and we'll continue with Alex. I told him that I expect to win every week, even if it's not a reasonable expectation. I told him he sounds just like NT and while I can't slap the sht out of any of you, he wouldn't be so lucky.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by HomerJ:
Originally posted by susweel:
Pretty easy to do when only get about 200 yards of total offense and your the qb.

Lmao at you Alex fanboys trying to build up an average to below average qb. He's game manager nothing more then that.

Alex smith starting + 49er win = you mad

Give credit where credit is due.. Gore has been non-existent.

I'm happy we won but this was a win by the defense not Smith.

Gore is done and I was one of the few against extending his contract.

Even on that play he stared down Davis. Go back and watch Smiths head on EVERY throw. I use to think he was servicable, but he isn't. If you give ANY QB what you think Alex needs to be good, they would ALL be servicable.

P.S. Kaeperpick must really suck.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 25, 2011 at 1:57 PM ]
  • Silky
  • Veteran
For once I can honestly say, AS is not part of the problems we are having. I'd even venture to say the reason we are 2-1 is because of him.
Originally posted by 1stAndGoal49ers:
He played well enough for the 49ers to beat the Bengals. Smith played mediocre. He is clearly a very bad back-up on any other team.

A "very-bad" backup? I think some might have been happier if Smith had thrown a couple of ill-timed picks and we lost.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
P.S. the more wins we get, the more hate for Alex. Way to go fans
How many times was he hit today and sacked? Normally I would know but I didn't get a chance to watch the game. All I know is that he was sacked atleast 5 times again today. Finally what was completion percentage? Those two things should be enough to make you wish you could delete your post now?

Seriously did you just go with a gut feeling on this post?
Share 49ersWebzone