Smitty, yay Smitty 1st half-2nd half stats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
Originally posted by rserda:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Boy have the standards been lowered for SF QBs. Alex Smith just has to not throw 3 INTs to be said to have had a good game.

No the real fans are happy that we won and actually realize that Alex Smith is a major reason why we are 2-1.

This

We are 2-1 because we played two of worst teams in the NFL.

No we're 2-1 because we won 2 out of the 3 games. It seems like the haters are the ones making "alexcuses" now
  • Jiks
Boy have the standards been lowered for SF QBs. Alex Smith just has to not throw 3 INTs to be said to have had a good game.

No the real fans are happy that we won and actually realize that Alex Smith is a major reason why we are 2-1.

This

Sus's gonna Sus.
Considering the lack of protection and conservative play calling - at least in the first half - I thought Alex played pretty well.

If we are ever to return to an elite team, we need to do better in the draft. Our Oline is filled predominantly with 1st and 2nd round picks - the positions that yield the fewest busts - yet we have at least two (Chilo and Staley) and the jury is still out on Davis and Mike, but it's not looking promising.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Smith doesn't throw interceptions, because he never takes chances. Is that hard to understand? Thats why we are the champions of 3 and out.

Look everyone knows smith is mediocre at best, with that said I'd rather he be played as a "game manager", because when he has to take more than a couple "chances" a game he's going to get picked off. Right now he's playing SMART football(which dalton did not do), that is ALL we're asking of him this year. Why do people think all of a sudden harbaugh's going to turn him into something great?

Smith is a stopgap playing as good as he's needed to play so far, very smart decision making despite a horrible o-line and mediocre run game.

He's 2-1, last year he was 0-3 at this point in the season, that's the only improvement I care about.
sooo, howd andy lee do?
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

This

Sus's gonna Sus.

he's right though
I'm sure glad we are 2-1 but I can't understand why Alex is always the topic. Can Vernon get some love? How about the defense? Special Teams?(Like in our first win) Hunter or even the OL on the final drive?
Alex Smith is a game manager. They don't ask him to do anything tough. We win by minimizing his impact on the game.
So much hate in here.
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Alex Smith is a game manager. They don't ask him to do anything tough. We win by minimizing his impact on the game.

They ask him to win games and that is what he has done so far (when the defense doesn't screw it up)

Originally posted by mike:
Look everyone knows smith is mediocre at best, with that said I'd rather he be played as a "game manager", because when he has to take more than a couple "chances" a game he's going to get picked off. Right now he's playing SMART football(which dalton did not do), that is ALL we're asking of him this year. Why do people think all of a sudden harbaugh's going to turn him into something great?

Smith is a stopgap playing as good as he's needed to play so far, very smart decision making despite a horrible o-line and mediocre run game.

He's 2-1, last year he was 0-3 at this point in the season, that's the only improvement I care about.

This.
Yeah, by letting sack him...nice effort imo. You sound like he was the problem so far. He wasnt. He could have had an impact today IF our horrible o-line would have done their job consistently.
[ Edited by communist on Sep 25, 2011 at 2:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by sacniner:
He is serviceable... we need the o line and run game badly.

He had one beautiful pass to Davis down the right side. The rest of the game he played very average, running up his passer rating with high efficiency checkdowns. I don't know what game everyone else watched. Our expectations have gone so low for this position that just not f****ing things up is considered a breakthrough game.

Haha, that is your response to "He is serviceable."

You extremists are ridiculous.

Okay then he's playing at a pro bowl level. LOL

Gotta love low standards.

Exactly. another 200 yard day with no TD's. Let's throw a block party.

I'm down. Everybody. Block party at Shaj's house. Good win guys.

2-1 and next week we play a twice injured Vick. We may actually have a reasonable chance to come out with another win.

Win = Win = be happy.
offhand, I can't think of a QB in the league that I don't rank above Smith. I'm sure there are some obvious ones I'm forgetting about. Chad Henne maybe, can't think of who else. We've gone from expecting nothing but the best from the QB position to being satisifed with meager, low production, and disaster free QB results. It is sad and amazing.

Shows that you either don't watch football or just want to hate cause thats a crazy post.

They ask him to win games and that is what he has done so far (when the defense doesn't screw it up)

I can't believe you just posted that.
Share 49ersWebzone