LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 315 users in the forums

Smitty, yay Smitty 1st half-2nd half stats

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Alex Smith is a game manager. They don't ask him to do anything tough. We win by minimizing his impact on the game.

i disagree with this

jim harbaugh said at the begnning our playbook at first will not show all are cards but week by week it will open up more and more

week 1: 20 attemts 124 yards

week 2: 24 attempts 179 yards

week 3: 30 attmepts 201 yards ( a lot of drops and a robbed td as well couldve made it wasily 250 ayrds)

but the point is harbaugh is NOT treating him like a game manager he is just opening up the playbook more and more each week
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Originally posted by susweel:
It's amazing and sad.

Wait...you guys still want to b*tch?

Dude was clutch in the 4th quarter, and finished 66% with 201 yards. Did he throw picks in the clutch? Fumble? No.

He played turnover free ball, overcame a sh*tty performance by his line, AND led the team to a win on the east coast. Ugly or not, this is a solid win. Quit b*tching and enjoy it.

That is all.

I'm not b***hing about anything but I'm not praising him for another mediocre performance like some of the others on here.
Originally posted by mike:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Smith doesn't throw interceptions, because he never takes chances. Is that hard to understand? Thats why we are the champions of 3 and out.

Look everyone knows smith is mediocre at best, with that said I'd rather he be played as a "game manager", because when he has to take more than a couple "chances" a game he's going to get picked off. Right now he's playing SMART football(which dalton did not do), that is ALL we're asking of him this year. Why do people think all of a sudden harbaugh's going to turn him into something great?

Smith is a stopgap playing as good as he's needed to play so far, very smart decision making despite a horrible o-line and mediocre run game.

He's 2-1, last year he was 0-3 at this point in the season, that's the only improvement I care about.

DING DING DING
Originally posted by mac707g:
Boy have the standards been lowered for SF QBs. Alex Smith just has to not throw 3 INTs to be said to have had a good game.

More BS. 6

66% completions, zero turnovers, lead a game winning drive in the 4th quarter, made the 1 long throw where he actually had time to throw. All this despite 6 drops and 6 stupid penalties.

That's a lot better than "not having 3 INTs"...but I don't know why anyone bothers presenting facts in the face of your blind dislike.

I'm convinced that some of you guys don't now what a real NFL offense looks like.

Does it look like a Quarterback throwing for 387 yards, throwing four picks and losing the game?

Originally posted by rserda:
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by Shaj:
He had one beautiful pass to Davis down the right side. The rest of the game he played very average, running up his passer rating with high efficiency checkdowns. I don't know what game everyone else watched. Our expectations have gone so low for this position that just not f****ing things up is considered a breakthrough game.

A few weeks ago you said you judge QB's based on passer rating! Quit changing your story!

All of the haters are changing their story. before the only thing that mattered was wins, now it's yards.

Get used to it. I've seen it ever since Smith was drafted.

When we lose, the only thing Alex Haters care about are wins and Alex Lovers come back with how his stats look.

When we win, and Alex looks good, the only thing Alex Haters care about are yards and Alex Lovers combat it with the win. It's f**king nuts.
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
It's amazing and sad.

Wait...you guys still want to b*tch?

Dude was clutch in the 4th quarter, and finished 66% with 201 yards. Did he throw picks in the clutch? Fumble? No.

He played turnover free ball, overcame a sh*tty performance by his line, AND led the team to a win on the east coast. Ugly or not, this is a solid win. Quit b*tching and enjoy it.

That is all.

I'm not b***hing about anything but I'm not praising him for another mediocre performance like some of the others on here.

You've been b***hing since the game ended.

Stay cool rserda.

Originally posted by dtcomposer:
Originally posted by sacniner:
He is serviceable... we need the o line and run game badly.

He had one beautiful pass to Davis down the right side. The rest of the game he played very average, running up his passer rating with high efficiency checkdowns. I don't know what game everyone else watched. Our expectations have gone so low for this position that just not f****ing things up is considered a breakthrough game.

Even on that play he stared down Davis. Go back and watch Smiths head on EVERY throw. I use to think he was servicable, but he isn't. If you give ANY QB what you think Alex needs to be good, they would ALL be servicable.

P.S. Kaeperpick must really suck.
Um... not true at all. He goes through his reads on most plays. hat particular play it looked like Smith saw the matchup, and audibled to put VD 1 on 1 on the outside. He was going there the whole time, and anyone with football knowledge knows that. This BS about him starindown his targets needs to stop right now. IT simply isn't accurate at all. Just stop it, it is pathetic.

You mean like anyone that agrees with you? Give me a break. You probably watch the game on a computer with s**tty feed. You guys make me laugh. You find comfort in the fact that a few respected posters on the Zone think Alex is good. The problem is everybody outside of the Zone that knows more football than anyone on this forum thinks he sucks. So you can act like your in the know, but your really just a follower of the "in crowd." All the stats these guys post game after game are worthless, use your eyes and commen sense.

I never said anything about him being good. He has played respectably with a pared down gameplan this year so far. Beyond that I won't speculate about trust issues and all that crap. I do know that he isn't getting much help with the Run game and the OL has been bad. The D has been solid for the most part. I have the ticket but i think I could see his head moving on most of the plays even with a bad feed. Are you at the games? Do you have the game film or something? I didn't mention one thing about stats you freaking lightweight. PLEASE RESPOND TO WHAT I WROTE. I know what I am talking about, and all I was saying is that this "he doesn't go through his reads" BS is unfounded. Now, if you want to say that he doesn't go through his reads quickly enough, or gives up on them and goes to the checkdown too often, then maybe we can have a reasonable discussion. Man, the ignorance in your post is incredible, I have been posting here for 3 years saying the same basic things. You gave ZERO proof that what you said has any validity.

Hmmm. I'm not sure how to respond. In ever play of the first half of this game, his head clearly was pointing in the direction of the reciever he was throwing to from the moment he snaped the ball. If you want to say it wasn't, then there is nothing left for me to say. I watch the game on Comcast, using a DVR to record and have a high def 50 plus inch Samsung 3D LCD flat screen. It doesn't get much clearer than that.....
  • rserda
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

Stay cool rserda.

?? we can't say b***hing anymore?
  • mike
  • Veteran
^this

Originally posted by ApatheticIAm:
For once I can honestly say, AS is not part of the problems we are having. I'd even venture to say the reason we are 2-1 is because of him.

THANK YOU......... The blind hatred in here just kills me. I picture all of those hater fans in NT with their little white canes.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by mac707g:
Boy have the standards been lowered for SF QBs. Alex Smith just has to not throw 3 INTs to be said to have had a good game.

More BS. 6

66% completions, zero turnovers, lead a game winning drive in the 4th quarter, made the 1 long throw where he actually had time to throw. All this despite 6 drops and 6 stupid penalties.

That's a lot better than "not having 3 INTs"...but I don't know why anyone bothers presenting facts in the face of your blind dislike.

I'm convinced that some of you guys don't now what a real NFL offense looks like.

Does it look like a Quarterback throwing for 387 yards, throwing four picks and losing the game?

Got Rings?
?? we can't say b***hing anymore?

Never know around here. Just saying...
Originally posted by mike:
Smith doesn't throw interceptions, because he never takes chances. Is that hard to understand? Thats why we are the champions of 3 and out.

Look everyone knows smith is mediocre at best, with that said I'd rather he be played as a "game manager", because when he has to take more than a couple "chances" a game he's going to get picked off. Right now he's playing SMART football(which dalton did not do), that is ALL we're asking of him this year. Why do people think all of a sudden harbaugh's going to turn him into something great?

Smith is a stopgap playing as good as he's needed to play so far, very smart decision making despite a horrible o-line and mediocre run game.

He's 2-1, last year he was 0-3 at this point in the season, that's the only improvement I care about.

I use to hold that view. Now I'm starting to think he is less than a game manager. Playing like s**t most of the game with a few good drives sprinkled in, is not a good game manager. He just isnt consistent enough. If you have a DVR or recorded the game, rewatch it.
Originally posted by sacniner:
He is serviceable... we need the o line and run game badly.

Even on that play he stared down Davis. Go back and watch Smiths head on EVERY throw. I use to think he was servicable, but he isn't. If you give ANY QB what you think Alex needs to be good, they would ALL be servicable.

P.S. Kaeperpick must really suck.
Um... not true at all. He goes through his reads on most plays. hat particular play it looked like Smith saw the matchup, and audibled to put VD 1 on 1 on the outside. He was going there the whole time, and anyone with football knowledge knows that. This BS about him starindown his targets needs to stop right now. IT simply isn't accurate at all. Just stop it, it is pathetic.

You mean like anyone that agrees with you? Give me a break. You probably watch the game on a computer with s**tty feed. You guys make me laugh. You find comfort in the fact that a few respected posters on the Zone think Alex is good. The problem is everybody outside of the Zone that knows more football than anyone on this forum thinks he sucks. So you can act like your in the know, but your really just a follower of the "in crowd." All the stats these guys post game after game are worthless, use your eyes and commen sense.

Really? You wish you were a big enough fan to be able to endure that week-after-week. I live in ND and maybe get one or two games a year on tv. It makes me laugh how arrogant some of you are that are lucky enough to live near your favorite team. Grow up.
Share 49ersWebzone